1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

ISSUE WITH INTAKE ON TOYOTA AVALON 05-09

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by gperez8381, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Offline

gperez8381 New Member

Message Count:
    CAN I USE A SHORT RAM INTAKE DEVELOPED FOR A TOYOTA CAMRY, INSIDE A TOYOTA AVALON 2005? Thank you!

Note****** I have already ordered a custom intake for my Avalon, removed all the stock components, and connected the engine breather and MAF sensor to the new Intake tube. I also reconnected the vacuum tubes to the bottom sensor closest to the radiator. However, the VSA and engine lights will not shut off and the car is now shaking at idle and de-accelerating on the highway. Thats why i'm thinking that the custom intake is no good and I may have to go with the Camry design.
  2. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    If it is the same engine, it should work.
  3. Offline

gperez8381 New Member

Message Count:
    I just did some research and the engine difference is just .2L. However. The new 2012 camry has the same V6 3.5L engine as the Avalon. Therefore, does anyone thing it would be worth the 50/50 chance that an intake designed for a 2012 Camry would fit on a Avalon with the same 3.5L V6 engine specs?
  4. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Intake is an intake theres really no difference other than tube size which depends on motor type plus any connectors for the maf sensors.
  5. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    To me, it sounds like your intake pipe is too big and letting too much air in, which causes the sensors to read bad data. That's why on my $600 intake (plus s&h), it included a box to wire into the ECU to compensate for the extra airflow.
  6. Offline

gperez8381 New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback people!:)