1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

is it hard installin a navi?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by sean2sean, May 19, 2004.

1. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    is it hard installin a navi?

hey guys... should i spend 1 bill lettin someone install my navi? or should i do it myself? hard or not hard?

also... ne body know a place that will do a custom trunk work? about how much am i lookin at for that?

thanks!
  2. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    i could be wrong on this but as far as i know, u just need to worry about the wiring. after thats taken care of, the unit will calibrate itself. so if you are good with electronics and wiring up stuff then u shouldnt have any probs installing it.
  3. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    if u know what u are doing, then u'll be fine and they only charged u a bill? i thought that they would charge u at least more than a bill cuz my bf does that stuff and works for the company and it seemed easy since he only took 30 mins on it
  4. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Ya, my firends dad has it in his 350z. He bought the apline one. Just by the wiring harness and hide the transmitter and it sets itself up.
  5. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    hmm.... o really? so it just installs like a regular headunit... exept for the extra external unit that i need to wire up? hm... ill think about that then. ill read over the manual and check it out..

anybody else that have knowledge about this... plz share. thx.