1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

instrument panel lights out.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by sipinj1, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Offline

sipinj1 Guest

Message Count:
    instrument panel lights out.

I bought a used 99 Corolla. When I bought the car, the lights on the following were not working: instrument panel, transmission gear lights and half of the a/c panel lights. After a few weeks, the other half of the transmission gear lights went out. I am assuming that the light connection going through these components are parallel. If that is the case, would the bulbs blowing put one a time be caused by the increase in current. I first thought that the dimmer switch was the problem but after testing it for voltage, it seems to be okay. I also checked the fuses and they turned out to be all okay. Please help.
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
  3. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i'm thinking it's the dimmer
  4. Offline

RollaRyda Guest

Message Count:
    Dimmer

I have the same issue my cluster backlighting, AC controls and shifter lights are not working in my 97 Corolla. However the idiot lights (oil, batt, seatbelt, etc) work. As well as the AC light, clock and harzards.

I have checked the fuses in the kick panel and they are fine. I did not see any fuse that I would relate to the cluster under the hood.

I thought it might be the dimmer switch as it just turns does not click on anything. Is that normal.