1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Installed: Sun Hyper Voltage System

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by alpha-vvti, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    Installed: Sun Hyper Voltage System

i installed it last week
    i duno if i installed it correctly since i couldnt really find space around the engine bay :?
    heres how i installed mine
    [IMG]
    it looks a little bit messed up on the battery but o well IT REALLY WORKS!!! :D
    engine is smoother, launch is easier and much quicker
    since my car is an auto, response is alot faster, especially for downshifting if i need to change lane or something on the freeway

i noticed more of a low end gain than high end
    oh and before it feels like the car cant really accelerate anymore after passing 80mph on the speedometer, but now it still goes up smootherly :cool:
    headlights are much brighter
    not so sure about the better fuel mileage yet, but anyways i m happy with what i got

for those people who installed the HVS already, share your experience / comments on here, see if it is just me that felt all these gains lol
    PS: and i dont know what gains will the HVS have if installed on the sticks
  2. Offline

SP_KOJI Guest

Message Count:
    hmm

I am on auto as well. So, this is basically giving it a better ground right? Are you sure you can feel the difference? If you don't mind, could you tell me how much it is?
  3. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    so did you take the cover off it and take a picture of its innards for us skeptics?
  4. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    you cant really open the box since there is no screw or anything that i can open it
    unless i use brutal force, but that will be a very high $ experiment right there...
  6. Offline

DVST8 Guest

Message Count:
    is there a specific HVS system for our corollas? or can we just use any one?
    also, by adding the HVS to your car, are you wearing out your engine alot faster than you would normally without one?
  7. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    they are all universal
  8. Offline

DVST8 Guest

Message Count:
  9. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    1) No, you can't wear out an engine by making the voltage more constant, lol.

2) $140 from the GB I believe, someone confirm this or tell him otherwise...

3) Yes, it's the product that has been around for years and has been proven to add a little (3HP or maybe 5HP on some cars) power and a smoother response on cars.