1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Inline fuse blown for amp power...

Discussion in 'Interior' started by rollarace, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    Inline fuse blown for amp power...

So I'm driving along and my speakers/sub cut out....later I find the reason to be because my inline fuse blew!! Why would it blow? I'm not sure the gauge...Although 8GA is coming to mind....not sure though...It's powering an Alpine 350watt/Kenwood 800watt...don't know the RMS on the amps....Alright I was just wondering what some of the reason's were....thanks!

Jimmy
  2. Offline

JaJae Guest

Message Count:
    Did you have the volume/bass up? Which fuse blew? The one at your battery? If so just replace. Make sure you replace with the right size and be done with it. Turn down the gains and volume some and you should be good to go.
  3. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    Yea I had the volume up...I guess I'll have to take a look at the amp settings...Do you know where I can get this massive fuse? I went to Advanced Auto parts but they didn't carry it....Thanks...

Jimmy
  4. Offline

JaJae Guest

Message Count:
    Your local audio shop should have one. RadioShack often carries glass fuses. Best Buy, Circuit City.. etc any place that installs car audio.
  5. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    how many amps should i get in the fuse?
  6. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    same one you had in there. if you look on the side of the glass fuse, you will see the rating. also check your power and ground wire to make sure they are not shorting out which could have caused it o blow in the first place.
  7. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    That's the problem! Its a huge glass fuse that has silver endings with no markings!!! Is there any other option to figure out what the correct ampage(sp?) is...
  8. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    isn't that the purpose of an inlne fuse????? To blow instead of whatever it's connected to!
  9. Offline

JaJae Guest

Message Count:
    Check the fuse ratings on your amps and see how much current you should be drawing. What amps do you have?
  10. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count: