1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Indigo Ink Corolla with JDM Headlamps

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by 604racing, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    Indigo Ink Corolla with JDM Headlamps

Anyone has black JDM headlights on their indigo ink corolla? I want to get them, but I don't know if they would look good on a blue rolla. Please give me some comments and suggestions. Thanks.
  2. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
  3. Offline

FC Drifter Guest

Message Count:
    It's funny how no one knows that JDM stands for. If it was true JDM headlights, they would not fit at all.

Just in case the above statement is not understood, JDM=Japanese Domestic Market, so basically parts that are avaliable in Japan or cars that are bought in Japan are called JDM. Well if it was a true JDM headlight, it would like headlights in the in the link....which of course it doesn't. I really hate it when JDM or Altezza or whatever new catchphrase is used to descibe parts when those phrases have nothing to do with the part. Argh! Drives me crazy and I also see JDM this and that when they are not JDM. Anyways....enough of my rant.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/CorollaSedan/menu/frame/exterior.html
  4. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    chrome + indigo ink is the way to go 8)
  6. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    the whole mis-use of "JDM" is from Ebay. They put JDM in the auction title to help get hits to their product. And then the guy that bought it figures it was JDM, so he keeps it going. Its good for the seller coz the price stays a bit higher. And the seller thinks he is a real JDM freak, when really he is overpaid, and under educated on proper tuning procedures.
  7. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    604, is that you Ken?

Yea. if not, I had black housing headlights on my car (JDM as people want to call it) and it does not look good in real life. In pictures, the reason it looks decent is because of the picture quality makes the light almost the same color as the body of the car!

I do custom A-Spec (Euro-Spec) lights for many cars up here in Toronto. I have a set going to be put onto my car soon!

Its blue housing on our blue cars. I did one black housing for another 03 corolla here in Toronto too. As well, I did a moonshadow housing for a 04. haha.. i looks decent, too bad I do not have pics... but they are pretty sweet.

black housing usually looks good on light cars, not on dark cars (except black).

If you wanted black housing earlier, I woulda given mine to you for $100 US no prob. I sold mine for like $100 CDN hahaa.. cause it looks nasty in real life.
  8. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Jae...I can't wait to see those blue housing headlights on your car. They sound really awesome! I want blue housed headlights, too. I've seen them on the magenta Rolla that someone posted awhile back...obviously painted magenta color...and they look sweet!!

And thanks for your opinion on the black housing headlights on our cars. I was thinking about them as well...and now that I've heard they look like crap, I'm not gonna get them. So thanks for the heads up!
  9. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    Hey Jae.....I saw a couple of pictures of black haedlights on blue.....it's horrible......i guess I'll go with the A-Spec style.......I have a feeling it's gonna look tight.......update us with pics and info as soon s you get the A-Spec lights on your car....thx
  10. Offline

JsPeanut Guest

Message Count:
    is that the way to go with the tails too? i am debating what type of tails to put on my indigo ink rolla...
  11. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    Will do. Probably after my cruise (I am going today! leaving right now!)

19-27th!..

Going to the East Carribeans, porting and staying 2 nights at Miami :)

woo

Take care guys, and girls... we'll see you around!
  12. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
    i have a set of JDM headlights on my blue corolla and i don't think they look that bad but, then again i also have a black mesh grill, CF tails, and i am soon going to have black rims to match. I going the all dark route instead of silver or chrome like most other people have.
  13. Offline

latinballer909 Guest

Message Count:
  14. Offline

nikeair11 Guest

Message Count:
    I happen to like black "JDM" lights and Indigo Ink. That's all that matters to me.
  15. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
    i have them on my car as well and i love them check out my cardomain page for pictures
  16. Offline

Bigbear588 Guest

Message Count:
    Since you have gunmetal rims I would go with carbon fiber.
  17. Offline

latinballer909 Guest

Message Count:
    i have cf tails and it looks good.
  18. Offline

Finalmix47 Guest

Message Count:
    Finally somebody said something. If it's all black: black housed head lights, black grill, and black tail lights, along with 18 inch black rims with a polished lip on an indigo corolla itz str8.