1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

I think the Corolla I just bought was wrecked :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by corolla_racer, May 15, 2004.

1. Offline

corolla_racer Guest

Message Count:
    WOW...man it sucks....If i would u i'll go back and yall the f*c* out of him and then make the sales man feel stupide when he is selling a car to a person......One more thing If i was u to i'll go kick his ass......hehehe
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Eck! I hate salesmen, especially Toyota ones.
  3. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    when i got my car the salesman told me i could go from LA to Vegas on a half tank.
  4. Offline

Concordmk1 Guest

Message Count:
    I think the Corolla I just bought was wrecked :(

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about it? It looks like someone rear ended it. I saw it today when I was out washing it. I'm so pissed right now. I told him if it had been hit to tell me, too bad I have to wait until Monday to go up there and rip them a new one. Fucking lying car sales people.
  5. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Um...I am a car salesman. Sorry, we do what we have to do to get the cars sold. YOU, as a buyer had the opportunity to get a carfax report done. That would have told you everything that has ever happened to it. Sorry for the bad news, I can understand why you would be pissed but you signed to get the car "as is" so you can't really do much about it but cuss them out.
  6. Offline

Concordmk1 Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, Carfax just means the accident wasn't reported. I know MANY people that get around salvage titles that way.

But I can guarantee you they will have a lot full of ruined cars if I find out it was wrecked.
  7. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    u can carfax it but thats about all u can do unless u take the whole car apart and inspect everything
  8. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:

and you wonder why car salesmen have such bad reps :rolleyes:
  9. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    I am not trying to be an ass, just trying to say that there is nothing that he can do about it. I mean, you can go back and "ruin" all their cars but if you get caught, that's bad news.

I was just saying that you should have a carfax done just incase...Even if it is ok, the car should still be inspected inside and out. If he found signs that it had been hit while washing it, he could have seen the same thing at the dealership.

Too tell the truth, I hate being a car salesman...I am about to quit but it was a good learning experience for me. I know all the tricks and lots about financing.

Sorry if I came over as a dick....I was at work and just got an earfull from the owner so- LOL I was in a pissy mood. My bad.
  10. Offline

burbod01 New Member

Message Count:
    "I know all the tricks..."

exactly....
  11. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Ok here is what my dad told when you run a carfax it only comes up as an accident if the damage exceeds a certain amount with frame damage. Or damage to a major component. If the car is in a fender bender its not going to show up. My mom rear ended some one in my car doing 15 mph and its not on the carfax. But finding a good sales man is hard. I know in Georgia they don’t have to tell you anything.
  12. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
  13. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    You don't have to lie to be a good salesman...You just have to be good at shying away from questions and...it's not that you have to lie, you just dont have to volunteer info.

You guys...dont think I am a dick or anything...Freal.
  14. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    True, carsales men don't volunteer much. But for the most part I meet some that play stupid. Like I would ask how come the front bumper doesn't have a vin sticker on it? And he would reply OH, well I don't think they came like that from the factory... It is just stuff like that.
  15. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    heh don't feel bad - when we were molding my kit into my car and stripped it down, i was like ' holy fuck '

the whole rear of my car had been destroyed and replaced... *shrug* they did pretty damn good work and we butchered it up anyway, so I didnt worry about it...
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Its your fault for not inspecting the car before you bought it.
  17. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    newsflash...a salesman will tell you what you want to hear in order to sell the car.

if you already signed for the car "as is" or something like that, then you're SOL. hopefully it won't be your case but it's YOUR job to make sure what you're buying. I bet a check-out from a mechanic before you bought the car might have given away that the car was in an accident.
  18. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    just got to take it as a loss man
  19. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Ok...I am getting a little bit more backup now...Thanks for those that see it my way. I mean, think about it...

If you were a car salesman, working strictly off commision (like just about all do), would you offer info that you think would negate the sale??? And most of the time, when there has been a car traded in, it goes to the lot looking awesome--right outta detail. So...
    What I am saying is that the salesman probably didn't even know that it had been wrecked either. I can tell you that I dont know a car on the lot that has been. They (management) will not tell us anyways b/c it puts a negative piece of info in our heads about that particular car and might make us lose the sale.
    He probaly didn't know but still...That doesn't mean that it will be a bad car. My car has a salvaged title---but has been great. The whole front was replaced but who cares b/c it has been a good car.
    Suck it up bro..It's not that big of a deal.
  20. Offline

Concordmk1 Guest

Message Count:
    He offered up tat it was not in an accident to begin with. I was originally lookig at a Civic tat they had that was in an accident because it was dirt cheap. I did hav the carlooked over by a mechanic. Somthing like 20 years that he's been ASE certified. He said the car is sound. But that it lookd like there might be odometer rollback because of the excessive wear on the pedals for only 62k. I have no problem buying a wrecked car as long as I'm NOT paying for it for 4 years. I'm the type of guy who takes his cars very seriously. I will be getting a kit but see no point in doing it until I do what I want to the suspension. So noweverytime I look at my car I feel like I'm about to puke.
  21. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Okay, what exactly did you find then? If a mechanic with 20 years experience didnt see it, but you saw it while washing it.....maybe you are mistaken.
  22. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:

Very true statement. I know when my friend bought his eclipse, we put a CAI in it and had to take off the left fernder. The whole left side of the car had been bent in. He was pissed about it but we put teh bumper back on and you couldn't tell. In the world were living it being honest is always best but you got to do what you got to do, to put food on the table. And lieing and misrepresentation might have to occur.
  23. Offline

Concordmk1 Guest

Message Count:
    I'm going to see if I can't get some pictures of the car with my gf's digital camera. He checked the frame, engine and undercarriage. We were pressed for time. It's not in the bumper itself, it's in the metal behind the rear wheel well before the bumper. Easily overlooked, well, until you know it's there.