1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Fitness I think i'm gonna do it...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TurismoDreamin, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    I think i'm gonna do it...

....I think I'm gonna try and run a marathon. I thought I would do something useful with my time while I was out of school for this fall semester. I figured if I ran with this schedule, then by reaching my goal at the end of each month, I should be ready by race time:

August - 13 Miles
    September - 20 Miles
    October - 28 Miles

I don't plan on being the first place finisher in the 20-24 age group. I simply plan to finish, period. I think just by finishing a 26.2 mile race at all is satisfying enough for me...anyways, just thought id share that...

If anyone else is interested:

Tulsa World Route 66 Marathon
    (2nd annual marathon)
    26.2 Miles
    $75 registration fee
    ($85 if paid after October 31)
    November 18, 2007

There is also a Half Marathon (13.1 Miles), a Quarter Marathon (6.05 Miles), and a Marathon Relay with 5 seperate legs.
  2. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    good luck man...running a marathon is no sinch especially a 26.2 mile marathon...i do the Boulder Boulder here in devner and that kills me...i dont know how long a run it is though

best of luck to you!
  3. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    good luck .... cause i wouldnt even walk to the local store ....lol....... GOOD LUCK MAN !!!!!!!!:)
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    Thanks. Yea, so far the longest run i've done was 6 miles. I personally thinkg if I can do 10 miles nonstop, then 26 is no problem...because after that many miles, you don't feel pain, you don't feel tired, and you really don't feel your body, lol...it's basically on cruise control.
  5. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    yeah the most i've ran was a lil over the 5k run.
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    whats the average times for the 26.2miles? Most distance I've ever travelled on foot was a walk home across town (about 8-10 miles). And that was pretty much just a walk.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    The world record is 2:04 or something like that by Paul Tergat....and thats a fast pace. That averages out to a lap time per mile of less than 5 minutes!! Now he does a bunch of Nike commercials. Even still a 4 hour time is still pretty good/average. A 6 hour time is what those people on TV get that are like "oh, im doing this for multiple sclerosis" and have never ran a lick in their life. Since this is my first marathon, i'm aiming for a 4.5 hour time...I don't want to disappoint myself and aim for a faster time than that, lol..
  8. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    my mile is like....6:20 im not a fast runner =[
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Gah, I just did 8 miles for the first time ever today. I was actually surprised. I didn't cramp nor did I get tired at all during the entire run...but my legs and feet were killin me. I have a blister on one of my toes, blah. I ran nonstop...not including the 10 second drink at the water fountain. I just these new shoes cuz my old ones are my new work shoes. I guess I shoulda broken them in more before I ran that far, but I love them so far. They're so light weight and take impacts pretty well. They're Brooks racing flats...and they're the brightest yellow shoe i've ever seen, lol...