1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

i need help!!! i dont know what to get for my sound system

Discussion in 'Interior' started by smokiz, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Offline

smokiz Guest

Message Count:
    i need help!!! i dont know what to get for my sound system

i just bought a 03 rolla, and im thinking to mod my sound system. But, since i have no idea about car audio, i dont know what to get for my car.
    i asked my friend about it, and he said i should get a pioneer head unit and speakers. for the subs, he recommeded me to get JL. But i also heard about kicker. which is better, kicker or JL? i also dont know which amp is the best either. i have about $1200, and i really appreciate if somebody could help.
  2. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Here are ur choices for HeadUnits:
    -Pioneer DEH-7400MP
    -Alpine CDA-7998 or CVA-1003

-My opinions on tha best Amps are:
    -MTX
    -MMATs
    -JL
    -Kicker
    -Zapco
    -Crossfire

If u want a loud and clear bass, go with tha JL subs but if u want pure bass Audiobahn, Eclipse or Kicker L7s are good choices.

Check out www.VSMT.com there is guy I know u runs his own audio shop he will give a nice price on anything u need.
  3. Offline

maquiabello Guest

Message Count:
    i just put my sound system together not long ago, i left the original head unit, i kind of like how it looks with the alum. trim. besides, i could not find any double din dvd indash 6cd changer with built in monitor :wink: anyway heres my set up. (pics soon!!)

- i put a 3-10 inch sealed T6000 mtx box in the trunk($250),

- 2-6x9 T6932 mtx two-way rear fill ($10 :shock: , great buy at ebay, these retail for over $130 and they were brand new)

- and a set of amazing T8000 component set with crossovers ($130, also from ebay... retail $250)

- a sony XE-90 Mk II pre-amp($100)

- MTX T6500D mono (class D amp, one of the best i've seen) ($250)

- MTX T4244 4-channel amp ($200)

- wiring ($80)

the amps come with built in xover
  4. Offline

ms LARA Jean Guest

Message Count:
    WOW a sound system eh? i'm thinking about getting a system as well!! anywho>>> i recommend ANY sony head unit: they are all a little priceY though.

i like JL's better than kickers ((it's a personal preference))... if you've heard the W6's and the W7's, they BUMP! if you were to get a W6 or W7, only get one though... other than those.... you might as well get 2 twelve W1s... that way you know your car won't fall apart. hahahaaaaa

AMP wise>>> i believe crossfires are good.

honestly though... i'd get a NICE head unit before anything. cause it's the head unit that makes all the sound come together ((it's not just the speakers and amp))
  5. Offline

corol_typ_S03 Guest

Message Count:
    well this is my 2.c.

i am getting a video audio system in my car, i am thinking bout the pioneer 7480 which has a built in flip screen 6.5 inchs or 7 inchs (cant remmber). it has a single slot DVD player with plays all formats.
    2-10 subs.
    tweeder mounted on the inside of the door just oppsite the mirrors.
    mounting my play station 2 in the glove box(though its not for sure yet)

all that could run about 3000.00 grand all set and dry... if you buy stuff of ebay you can save about 300-900 bucks, and you dont pay tax on it...ofcourse it might be a bit(h to wire it...

Sony has good products but from i have seen with the video end i have not been pleased with them...and they charge way too much and do-not give alot of options for the price they charge...

Alpine hase some good stuff, but only if you dont go video only audio...

Thats my input atleast