1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

I have an idea for my dash.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Prizmatic, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Offline

Prizmatic Guest

Message Count:
    I have an idea for my dash.

My dash is already disassembled from my car so I figured that I might as well customize it, paint it, fiberglass, or something. Why not make a carbon fiber dash. But I am going to make it real easy to make the dash. I will make the dash so it will install by glueing or snapping in place over the existing dash. That way you will not have to make all the mounting brackets or holes like the original dash has. What do you guys think of this?
  2. Offline

BloKKem New Member

Message Count:
    doesn't sound easy, also if its just going to rest on top of your already existing dash it may look funny cause it will be raised higher than normal. just something to think about.
  3. Offline

Supershyguy New Member

Message Count:
    have you ever worked with carbon fiber before?

its not going to work buddy unless you make a mold. if you dont make a mold. you would need to do lots of sanding, and a professional paint shop to clear coat it. by the time you are done. its still going to look pretty bad, since it wasnt from a mold.
  4. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
  5. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    definitely
  6. Offline

bzride Guest

Message Count:
    actually... I see what he means.. it could be done.. and probably look pretty decent if done right.. but very difficult like shyguy points out.

It would end up like one of those Dash covers... but made of CF
  7. Offline

ROKnight Guest

Message Count:
    heheh might as well use carbon fiber vinyl to cover the dash. due to good sales of it, we carry the cf vinyl in my shop =P I personally don't really care for it. Hell, we even sell 'wood' paneling look vinyl.

Jae Hoon
    SpeedImage Graf-X