1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

I got another question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TurboRolla21, May 30, 2004.

1. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah man...Go head and get that dude!
  2. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    I got another question?

I was at work last Friday afternoon. We were having a huge trade-in sale. An older women traded in here 5-spd 02 Civic EX. The car has 22k miles on it and is in perfect shape. I ran it by my parents that night and they came and looked at it yesterday morning. My boss quoted me a hell of a deal on the car. My parents offered to give me money for it too. What do you guys think? Take this car or wait. The thing is we have had no luck finding a car. I am really not concerned about going fast anymore. I have witnessed my friends fuck ups. (3 accidents and a friend getting arrested for going 40 over). My dad will not pay the insurance on a Prelude or GSR. He will also stop paying my gas. My parents think I should get the car.

The car still has 19 months on its warranty. I just want something to get me through college. I know it's a Civic but I really don’t care. If I do anything to it I will tint the windows and put in Sylvania silver stars. I could also add a spoiler that I have collected in parts. It's an OEM with LED. And I know people on here are going to say I should get a Corolla. But I want a couple and a car with everything that’s a stick.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Offline

Coryolla Guest

Message Count:
    I'd get it if your done with the modding... :)
  4. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    good deal + low mileage = get it! my nephew have the same car except automatic, the ride is a bit choppy coz honda's are more sporty than toyotas. power is ok... nothing to brag about. i would definitely buy it, providing that nothing is wrong with the car.
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Id say go for it.
  6. Offline

neonaiad Guest

Message Count:
    that sounds like a really good buy and good for college
  7. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    go for it man its a good car u can have it looking good fast
  8. Offline

CraigW New Member

Message Count:
    It is after all in the BIG 3 -----> Toyota / Honda / Nissan

Nice looking car and some nice options as well, All in Arrest - Me red paint.

Looks good, check out complete !! Warranty is a good thing. (but probably not needed.)

CW
  9. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Why wouldn't you buy it? If I could afford the higher insurance, I'd have a civic myself. I love the rolla, but the civic has a great resale and history.
  10. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i'd get it if the insurance wasn't bad on it.
  11. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    i say go for it. Brand loyalty is one thing, but hell - a good deal on a much newer, top of the line, nice looking car? Sold!
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    that red is a good color never liked it on a rolla but a civic yes
  13. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
    honda = no power
  14. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
  15. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
  16. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    get it and wen u get outa school drop a k20a in it. Turbocharge it and make 350hp on 7psi......hmmmm. Id hit it! screw the rolla.
  17. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    OK thanks for the opinions. I was skectchy about posting it but I trust you guys have been in similar situations. I have first dibs on the car. My boss drove it and said there was nothing wrong with it. I drove it to the lot not even thinking about buying it. We are going tomorrow and going to price it out. If I get it I will post pictures of it. Thanks again.
  18. Offline

triune530 Guest

Message Count:
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    good deal man!
  20. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Buy it if you are absolutely sure you are going to keep it for a while and not have any potential changes in your perception towards the car once you have owned it for a few months. Happened to me before so I know you have to take a loss on that. It will be a good reliable car and given the fact that there are a lot of mods available for the Honda family. It will be a good bet. Just don't expect a lot from it bone stock.
  21. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    i would get it. its new than your current car and should be at least funner to drive. plus at least if you decide to start modding again you will have plenty of options.
  22. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    ya, as far as modding i am not doing it again. i tried to sell my car. i had no luck. then i told people i would put it back to stock and they were like na its kool. so i am selling it to my bro.

i plan on keeping it through college. then after that get something faster.
  23. Offline

Chris_5one7 Guest

Message Count:
    I would definitely get it. And assuming that the woman who traded it was the primary driver, I'm sure she never dogged the car.
  24. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    ya i dont know the person who owned it but she was in her 60s. and i looked at my boss and was like she was driving a stick? and he goes apparently, she just bought a 5 speed accord. and i was like, "damn".
  25. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Well I am through with trying to race and speed. I had a bad experience about 1 month ago.

My friend had just got back his 95 GSR from the tuning shop. With no turbo of NOS he had 240 HP at the wheels. That is some crazy shit. Any way he put 1000 miles on it in 3 days. And that weekend we were going to Pananma City Beach. Well I was in the back seat when he got pulled over for doing 110 in a 70. He really got lucky. He hit 149 about 30 seconds before hand. Anyway, he got arrested and my other friend and I had to sit in a police station for 3 hours while my parents came and picked me up. So my weekedn was ruined. The drivers parents had to pay a 600 dollar bail.

Not to metion I have been in the drivers two previous cars that he has totaled because of speeding. The eclipse i was in the back seat and they had to use the jaws of life to get me out. His other car was a sentra and i crawled out the back window.

Shit like that has just scared me into not speeding.
  26. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
    hahaha compare to my $570 parkin ticket...
  27. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    holy shit.
  28. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
  29. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    I got the car tonight. I will wash it and post pictures tom.
  30. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    congrats on the buy, my friend just bought a civic, hes not modding it much, just tint and wheels, hes already got modded vehicles, 91 mustang gt with alot of motor work and a Chevy 1500 lowered on 20s, and bagged, hes bout to shave the handles and do a 2" body drop, hes already laying frame