1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Hvs

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by jakejacobson86, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Offline

jakejacobson86 New Member

Message Count:
    Hvs

Hey Guys, I think we've covered this topic before, but i cant remember anyone actually acknowledging specific gains with the Hyper voltage system. So I was wondering if anyones used this before, and if anyone has used both a ground wire kit and the HVS together. thanks.
  2. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    I hear that the stabilizers are kind of a joke but I could be mistaken.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    its just wierd reading the testimonials that are out there, but everything seems to be different on our cars, which is why i wanted some vvt-i.net feedback. Im thinking about putting both the HVS as well as the Ground wires on my car, but then again, that setup will run me like 300. Pretty hefty investment for a couple of wires and a small box!
  4. Offline

DjFrOsT New Member

Message Count:
    i know this may sound like a neebie question...but what is HVS?
  5. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    My friend had one on his Type-R. He said it help increase gas mileage and "rev up quicker" (am I use the right term?). He is selling it now, maybe I can try to ask him to let me use it for couple days and I'll tell you guys how it goes. :)

DjFrOsT: HVS is a "metal box thing" that connect to your battery. Looks like this.
    [IMG]
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    that'd be sweet. why is he selling it if it actually does what it says it does?
  7. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Coz he's selling his car. He need $$$ for wedding. :D

Hey, I saw a group buy going on VVTi.net. Good price I think, and some review too. :)
    http://vvti.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2950
  8. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Depends on how noisy your car is and how sound is the electrical system.

The grounding kits, IMO, would be more useful than the Hyper voltage system. Especially if you run more electrical stuff - the extra grounds really do help with controlling how much electrical noise there is.

I've seen two distinct versions of the hyper ground system - solid state box (basically a fancy voltage regulator) and one that has a large capacitor(s) to store some extra juice. None of them actually make power - just better electrical control over what you already have. The OEM voltage regulator is already a good unit - will not see any gains there, unless the OEM unit is bad. You can pick up a 1 or 1.5 farad capacitor from an audio shop for quite a bit less than the hyper ground system and get the same or better performance.

With my car - just swapping in a better battery, with better reserve power, a few extra chassis grounds - made a ton of difference in reducing the amount of electrical noise. If I add a cap - might even be better. $300 is abig chunk of money to dump into your car for a "hyper ground/ hyper voltage" system. May look cool, but buying better parts separately and DIY will pay out better in the long run.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    i dont see how you get HP/tq gains from it though. Im assuming that you actually do get gains, or else wouldnt there be a bunch of pissed off people out there dissing the product after using it?
  10. Offline

rice cracker VVT-i's Cracker

Message Count:
    You don't see people coming forward to complain about those electric superchargers do you? WHy would you hear people complain about these?
  11. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    I got the HVS Type-MR from my friend and installed it yestarday.
    Drove around for about 10-20 mins. It DID improve the lowend tq, more smooth on idle. I felt that the engine wasn't working as hard as before (without the HVS) on idle, less work on the alternator for the engine I think.
    Will check the gas mileage later, hope that improve it too. Will keep you guys updated.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    you shouldve dont an ass dyno for you 0-60 before and after install of the hvs. sounds like it works. what kind of car do you have?
  13. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Haha, no $$$ to do dyno. :(
    I have 01 rolla.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    i said "ass dyno" not real dyno.
  15. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count: