1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Tech how to recover deleted files

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tsburt, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    how to recover deleted files

i deleted some files 3-4 days ago and are currently not on my recycle bin. was wondering if there is a way to recover these files again. file is like 8gb and don't feel like downloading again. i'm using windows vista..........anyone?
    thnx
  2. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    restart your computer and click f10 repediatly until the setup menu opens, from there i forgot what its called but theres an option to restore your computer to a couple days, a week, a month just choose the day you want to for your 4 days and voila all your stuff :) when i sent my laptop in to HP they did this to mine, im on vista as well. Good luck!
  3. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    "GetDataBack" from run software
  4. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    i don't think the F10 thingy works...i tried a program called 'restoration' but it couldn't restore the file. prolly to big. but i will give getdataback a try.
    thnx
  5. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    it might not be f10 might be f8 or something, i forgot im not too tech savy lol.
  6. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    I dont think you can restore files that big that are sent to the recycle bin. Im not 100% familiar with vista yet because Im still learning it, but I know with the older systems really big files like that just permanately delete because they wont fit in the recycle bin.