1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

How much RMS power is enough to power 2 JL 12W3 subs?????

Discussion in 'Interior' started by smokiz, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Offline

smokiz Guest

Message Count:
    How much RMS power is enough to power 2 JL 12W3 subs?????

I'm getting 2 JL 12W3, and i was wondering how much RMS power is enough to power those subs. i also want to know how much power would be enough to power 6.5 mb quarts speakers and 6/9 pioneer speakers. i really appreciate it if somebody could help.
  2. Offline

smokiz Guest

Message Count:
    for each JL 12w3 sub is 250watts. so i was wodering about how much RMS power is enought to play loud, but it doesnt blow. cuz i heard some people say dont overpower it due to the fact that too much power in amp can blow the subs. but on the other hand, i hear some people say if u underpower it, when u play, loud amp tries to produce more power and as a result, both amp and subs can blow.
    another thing that concern me is that for the speakers. im trying to get mb quarts in the front and pioneer in the back, and i was also wondering how much power is enought to play loud, but again, i dont want to blow the speaker s. so i really appreciate it if somebody could give me some explanation.
  3. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    You need to check the specifications and see what the speakers are rated for. That will help you choose the correct power.
  4. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    Which model of 12W3 are they? Your choices are 12W3-D2, 12W3-D4, 12W3-D6, 12W3v2-D2, 12W3v2-D4, 12W3v2-D6.

What model are the MB Quarts? Discus, Reference, QSD, Premium?

What model Pioneer 6 by 9s?
  5. Offline

YotaRolla Guest

Message Count:
    HEY!!! i have the same subs

Ya i have the same subs in the JL ported box , i ran a acoustics 800 watt amp and just gained it down a touch, i got if 4 500 bucks new with a 3 year warranty, its a good deal and plunty of power it looks real nice too with alumin and carbonfiber