1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

hotchkis springs...man...

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by dns637, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Offline

dns637 Guest

Message Count:
    hotchkis springs...man...

my rear springs are so f****** loud on a very rough pavement...
    only on a very rough i mean rough pavement...but on a normal smooth
    zero noises at all....is there answer to this problem??...can the springs be misplaced
    driving hard on a rough pavement???
  2. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    i heard alot of people sed their back springs are loud too. i dont know why im still looking arounf for whats the problem is and see if i should get it or not
  3. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    Check the instalation, I have progress springs which are lower and I have no prblems with them.
  4. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    it's not the installation.. it's the design of the spring..

i have hotchkis on my cars too.. and i hate it... i mean.. the noise is sooo loud.. i took it back to the shop twice and see if they can fix it.. but my shop told me there is nothing they can do about... :x
  5. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    i love mine even though its loud. this should solve it:
    http://www.energysuspension.com/sboots.html

its the desigin "E" cuz im thinking all we need is to slip that in the spring. cuz if u compare teins and hotchkis, teins has that brown thing to keep it quiet. thats all hotchkis needs i htink then its all good
  6. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    Mine makes 0 noise. :twisted:
  7. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    damn that sux. wonder why ours does. i tried takign it apart and putting it back together couple times already and its the same
  8. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    I remember PMing one of the members on this board, not sure if he had noise problems, but here's one minor thing.

When I installed the bumpstops, I had the bigger bumpstops in the rear. He had the smaller bumpstops in the rear since he said the larger ones would fall through (which is correct if you don't use the metal plate on top of the new bumpstop that came from the stock bumpstop).

He even called Hotchkis to see who was correct and Hotchkis said he was. I still think I'm right ( :p ) and have 0 noise problems to this day.
  9. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks... I'll be sure not to get these...
  10. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    don't...........they were good for the first two months i had them, now they're loud and completely corroded after less than six months.
  11. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    corroded? wow mine is not. how weird
  12. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    you live in Cali..........I live in Ohio, salt on the roads is killer in the winter.
  13. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    oh dang i din'dt know that. thats crazy
  14. Offline

pavel_S_03 Guest

Message Count:
    Myne are very loud also on rough roads. I hate the quality of those springs. But I love the way my car looks, the drop is perfect. I'm thinking about getting the TEIN's H-techs or TRD.
  15. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...I still have no noise issues.
  16. Offline

nickgyro Guest

Message Count:
    tein

you guys should of got TEINS I have them on for a year now with no problems at all and still riding on stock struts.
  17. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    I had teins.........they're too soft, and i rubbed like crazy w/ my TRD wheels

As far as performance Hotchkis is much better than tein S-tech.

As of now i'm just waitin for the Tein SS coilovers to come out.
  18. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    yup teins are too soft for me. and my friend would always rub whenever his car is full and i wont. plus i can go up san francisco w/ my car and im sure he would juss scrape his bumper on the steep hills
  19. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    lol~~ my car still rubs even with hotchkis....

i'm also waiting for Tein SS
  20. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    so what are the best springs to get?
  21. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...I still believe that the Hotchkis springs are the best lowering springs as the Tein S-Techs are way too soft. I find it odd that I live in a place which has some terrible roads (which I travel on almost everyday) and also has issues w/snow (which leads to sand and salt during the winter)...I have yet to experience any noises from my springs and I don't have any corrosion issues and I believe I may have had my springs on perhaps the longest of the posters here.

...I'm also considering the Tein SS coil overs as I've heard nothing but good things about them and I know they will be firm enough, but if you're looking for just lowering springs and want performance the Hotchkis are the best way to go.
  22. Offline

meccaxpnoy Guest

Message Count:
    is there anyone with Hotchkis springs thats not experiencing the noise issue?!... i wuz seriously interested in those springs till i started reading this pos....
  23. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    pkpss and syndicate are not having the noise problems. i am but im not complaining too much cuz overall, good drop, stiff springs and the noise problem can be elminated. i'm gonna try to order that spring insert today and see if that will fix it.
  24. Offline

dragonfiyah513 Guest

Message Count:
    i'm happy wit my hotchkis springs the only time i hear a noise is when i go over speed bumps too quickly and thats only in the rear my music is usually blasting so i usually dont here it lol
  25. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count:
    yeah that would be me.. ::lauhging::
    and yeah i called hotchkis twice and both times they instructed me on using the small ones in the rear.
    noice problems? slow your ass down over speedbumps and potholes and you wont hear noises :lol:
    ive realized that at one time the design of certain parts in our car changed from late 2002 to early 2003
    two different manufacturers make our car... one in US and one in Canada.
    this also might make a difference.
    mine was made in canada and in 2002.

i love they way my car handles now... Night and Day
  26. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    I also dont have any Noise or Rust problems 8) Love the handling and the look. Are u guys sure the noise is coming from springs, maybe its from ur Junk in the Trunk. Maybe the jack and spare tire arent tightened down enough?
  27. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    haven't touched the spare yet and no other stuff in the trunk except a bag. and the sound is specifically coming from the corners
  28. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    i have nothing in my trunk.. plus it happends the very same day i had my hotchkis installed..
  29. Offline

lil_krolla_s Guest

Message Count:
    i installed my Hotchkis about a month ago and i'm very happy with it. i think it has the perfect drop and better handling. i do hear some noises whenever i go over speedbumps and potholes, etc. but that's prolly just cause my speed. it's nothing to big and doesn't bother me that much. so overall, i'm very satisfied with these springs. as for the bumpstops, i put the smaller ones in the front. oh well... :wink:
  30. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    Hmm I put the bigger bump stops in the front, I thought it was weird to have small bump stops in the rear so I just cut the stock bump stops and used those. Also I was thinking, on the rear assembly, theres a rubber piece on the top of the strut, but not on the bottom. So theres metal to metal contact, how about putting a rubber piece between the spring and the bottom part of the strut?