1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Honda named most reliable car maker!

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by AE102, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    Honda named most reliable car maker!

Japanese auto giant Honda has been named the most reliable car maker in the UK, with just one in ten of its motors needing repair in the past two years.

The company led a Japanese domination of the reliability charts as it was followed in the top five by Mazda, Toyota, Nissan and Lexus.

The least trustworthy manufacturer is Land Rover with 45.4 per cent of its vehicles requiring attention in the last couple of years.

Honda also supplies the two most reliable models in a survey of 31,000 new motors by What Car? magazine. Its British-built Civic and Accord are the least likely to need repair, with the Rover 25 in third place.

The least reliable model is the Renault Espace, with 69 per cent needing repair. It is followed by the Audi TT, Saab 9000 and BMW 7.

The first European car maker to make it into the reliability league is Skoda, in ninth place.

It beat luxury manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz (No 10 in the list of 30 car makers), Porsche (14) and BMW (17).

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1449325,0046.htm
  2. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    In the UK, and, unless I read it wrong, they just went based on repairs to the actual engine?
  4. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    its the UK, so i guess its okay,how sad is it when your ouwn heritage brand Land Rover did poorly. and a Japanese automaker did better.
  5. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    They may outdo Porsche and BMW for repair, but those engines are meant to be driven harder. Not a good comparison IMO.
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    European build quality is overrated. Most people who owns european cars junk them way befor 100K because they can afford it.
  7. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I don't know, I know around here, people are havnig more problems with their Honda's (2000+ model years) than their Toyotas (2000+ again)... and actually, people I know with Hyundais (Elantras and Tiburons, from 2002/03 on up) are having no problems with them so far...
  8. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    in all the reliability comparisons european cars are getting worse and worse