1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

HID set

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by GSE21tuner, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    H4 won't fit in the 9006 socket. H4's are clipped in. 9006 are twist in. It's hard to tell from the small pics, but it looks like they have cutoff shields. NEVER buy HID kits without cutoff shields. Those are illegal and send bounce up glare into oncoming traffic. You're better off spending more money on a quality kit that's set for US roads right from the box.

This is a quality kit. Get it for 140 at this group buy.
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=208501
  2. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Use the empty high beam sockets for fog/driving lights. Bright yellow high intensity lights. :D
  3. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    HID set

hey everyone i came across a HID set on craigslist.org. the kid who has them is selling them for 100. he said they were 200 new. the only thing is when i finish my front end conversion i will be converting my headlights to the 9007 or whatevers in there (basicly the high beam and low beam seperate) you all know what i mean. The HID kit that he is selling is H4 which is what i have in my car right now. Do you think I should buy the kit off him and leave my headlights as the H4? would the H4 headlight fit into an 01 headlight socket? if it did what should I do for the other empty socket? one of my friends suggested just putting in strobes or something just to fill it in. I dont want my car ricey but if i can get a HID kit cheap I might as well get this one. lemme know what u guys think.

Thanks

http://appleton.craigslist.org/pts/622612795.html <--- theres the link for the bulbs so you can check them out.

As always appreciated,
    Robbie
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    that always works :) i just didnt wanna leave them empty and let moisture build up in there. pretty pathetic i was considering putting strobes in it lol. anyways do you know if the H4 bulb will fit into the 01 headlight socket? and are those HID's good for the price? im new when it comes to the whole HID thing so i dont wanna rip myself off and be out $100 buying crappy HID's

thanks again
  5. Offline

DjiNN New Member

Message Count:
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    thanks i will be looking into the group buy after i order the headlights and get some new struts put in. sittin like a damn caddy right now rollin on 136xxx miles on OEM struts
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    yeah well i work at an auto shop (car x) and i get a big discount on struts and they are already ordered and sitting in the warehouse at my work but i just havnt paid them off yet. they are monroe but i just want them to last me through the summer and then i will be working on some better suspension.

ordering my headlights this weekend and i will have everything for my conversion :D cant wait wish me luck
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Good luck!
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  10. Offline

DjiNN New Member

Message Count:
    good luck .. def would be buying parts for my car if i worked at a autoshop / autozone place