1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

HELP! Googy Mudlike Substance!

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Phan, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    Hey again, sorry to bother you guys again.
    I seriously need help in finding what is causing my boot to leak this brownish mudlike substance. (ALOT)

Overall my car steer and turn just fine, and is not leaking power steering fluid yet...
    Now when I start the car and press on the brake I hear this weird metal snap once or twice then it disappears...
    Please help me diagnoise this problem before I bring this to a mechanic.

Around 3 month ago I brought my car to an small alignment shop for an alignment... TRUTH is the guy was not very fond of me... I knew it and I should of just leave and go to another shop... but the idiot me stayed and let the guy and his buddies play around with my car...

Also in that 3 month... When I had my neighbor mechanic help me inspect my drum breaks. He without knowing accidentally stepped on my break WHILE the drum break was off (both). Which knocked out my piston and cause all these problem which I'm not familiar.

(GOD! I'm a fucken moron)

Please *note that this is a 2000 Corolla with only 65k original miles and has never been abused.
    (before all of this my car was nice and dandy)

One again Thank You and any input would be much appreciated.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    As far as I know the axles have some type of grease or something on there, and that boot holds it all in and keeps everything clean. Torn boot = leakage = debris getting in and eventual replacement of the cv joint or whatever it's called. You'll know those are toast when the car clicks loud when you turn.
  3. Offline

MattH Country Boy Problems

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Old post, but I just replaced my drivers side shaft. The boot broke on me and grease went everywhere. x2 on loud clicking noise
  4. Offline

cBass buffalo bell lover

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2005 Corolla XRS
    i hate replacing these....they are annoying and messy. still gotta do the passenger side.
  5. Offline

1nicetrd Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    X2 on replacing i just degrease and power wash,then dry it before i start working on it lol
  6. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Fuck this process lol