1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

headlight conversion info needed

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Artist7, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Offline

Artist7 Guest

Message Count:
    headlight conversion info needed

i was wondering has anybody converted their 2002 headlights to the headlights of a 1998-2000 rolla.. i was planning on changing my kit to one from the earlier models so now i need a lil info on swapping the headlights.... will i need a new wire harness and if so, where would i find one.next, could i get away with having the same hood and fenders or would those have to be replaced also? plus if anybody knows where i could get headlamps and corner lenses for cheap that would be also very helpful..thx
  2. Offline

sddynamix Taybo Masta

Message Count:
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but all I think you'd need is the following:

98-00 headlamps and corners
    98-00 bumper/or kit

you will need an H4 harness, i'm sure you can find these at an autoparts store. you should be able to connect the low/high beam wires to the harness and combine the grounds.

i'm not sure if the mounting points for the headlight brackets are the same, you might want to get two full assemblies w/brackets

3. Offline

corolla81386 New Member

Message Count:
    you can get the lamps with mounting brackets and clear corners off ebay.. H4 harness i got at oreillys.. the conversion is a bitch to do.. i used the same fenders and hood
  4. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
  5. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    i have some headlights i can sell u as well as corners (clear or oem), I'll sell u the headlights (even throw in some aftermarket bulbs) for $120 plus shipping (only used them for like 3 months then bought another set that I did the retrofit on)...plus the clear corners or oem corners for $15 plus shipping...let me know
  6. Offline

corolla81386 New Member

Message Count:
  7. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    care to explain why it was a bitch to do?
  8. Offline

corolla81386 New Member

Message Count:
    because the lights and corners dont fit right.. its hard to get everything to mount right and the wiring isnt straightforward
  9. Offline

Speed_Racer Guest

Message Count:
    PM deathsight. He has a thread wanting to do a conversion from 98-00 to an 01-01. Both of you could basically just swap parts and both conversions be complete.