1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

headers!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcrwzr, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    you found bin laden?
  2. Offline

couch marine Guest

Message Count:
    headers!!!

I have bin looking around for headers for my 2000 corolla S
    if anyone knows of a good set let me know
  3. Offline

t0rres16 Member

Message Count:
  4. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    You mean "header". Singular. You have to be careful when buying an aftermarket header for the 8th gen Corolla because many companies don't do enough R&D when building these things so they don't fit correctly or even clear the steering rack or firewall. Email the company and ask lots of questions.
  5. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    bin laden is hidding in my basement,lol...
  6. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Take a look at this header from Weapon-R: http://weapon-r.com/english/index.p...roducts_id=6247 Its actually for a 2000+ Celica GT but I believe someone on 9thgen or Matrixowners is using this if I'm not mistaken. So I would look or ask around and see if it'll fit on your Corolla. BTW, this thing will eliminate the use of your catalytic converter which is good if you live in a state that doesn't require a smog check and produces power up high in the rev band. So this maybe a problem due to the 1zzfe not being able to rev high unless you upgrade the valve train and raise the rev limiter or eliminate it all together. Just an idea, but I think it's worth looking at. But what ever you do, don't go with the OBX sh** that you can find on ebay. Trust me and countless others, there stuff is garbage. There really is truth behind the saying, "You get what you paid for". That's my opinion.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  8. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Damn. Sorry about that. I wasn't a hundred percent sure if it would fit the 8th gen, but I bet it would be nice if it would.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  11. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header header
  12. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Your right bro. I was thinking that, because the weapon-r header was designed for the 2000 Celica GT it might fit the 2000 Corolla. I didn't take it to consideration the differance in firewall clearance and lay out. It really sucks that there's not allot out there for the 98-2000 model Corolla. Maybe he could do an engine swap or have something custom made. But all that's going to cost some money and when it comes down to either paying $238.75 for the header, that t0rres16 posted, or possibly spending thousands for an engine swap or custom header you have to ask yourself, "how much money am I willing to spend".
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    There WAS a cheap alternative when the Forza header was still being sold by an ebay seller. Unfortunately the supply has all dried up. Luckily, I was the first to buy one.
  14. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    I have this header, but haven't install yet since the weather is too cold for me right now in Canada. (don't have garage.)

Side note: You need longer bolts for that header. And you better install a flex pipe too.
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    haha I think he gets the idea... Well, at least I hope so. :D
  16. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    There you go guys. Your problems are solved. By the way, the header looks mean as h***.
  17. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    that header is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol
  18. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I bet if you got enough people to go in on a group buy on these things, they might just be willing to manufacture them again. But first you have to contact the people who manufactured them or find someone like JP Performance Exhaust to manufacture one. JP Performance manufactures one for for the 9th gen but if you were to contact them, had a person somewhere in Orange County CA donate there car for the mock up (this doesn't mean giving your car away to them, but just letting them use it inorder to mock up the header layout), and had enough people who honestly wanted the thing (I'm talking about people who would damn near sell there soul to get one, not those lam a** people who say they want one and then back out at the last minute) they might just manufacture some for you. But remember, it all depends on supply and demand. If the demand is high then they'll make the thing and if the demand is low then, obviously, the supply will be zero.
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  20. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Their you go guy's. Your problems are solved. By the way, that header looks mean as h***.
  21. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
  22. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I'm pretty new to this whole forum thing. But I'm trying to figure out how to post photos on a threads. I searched on here to see how you do it, but to tell you the truth I'm not very savy when it comes to computer jargen. Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated. And sorry to have posted this in this forum.

The reason I'm trying to post photos, is because I have a connection with someone who produces supercharger kits for the 1zzfe. It's similar to the TRD set up in the sense that it uses the same size supercharger but it has a seperate custom made intake manifold that it bolts to. So this thing is not one big bulky unit that has the charger and intake manifold mold into one unit. The guy who's making it has yet to set up a asking price for the kits, but he said, "if he could sell 10 of them, he could get a good deal on the blowers which are 4th gen MP45s. Now this set up was originaly designed for the MRS, but it will work on all 1zzfe engines, vvt-i or not. All you will have to do is purchase an engine managment system and have it tuned to work with your engine. A good company to use for this would be Split Second. I currently use there management system on my supercharged 2005 Corolla and I used it on my 3sgte powered 97 Corolla with no problems. The supercharger will come with a fifth injector, just like the TRD supercharger but if you decide to use larger injectors and not use the fifth injector, then that is possible.
  23. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    if i knew how to tune myself maybe i would..
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    You upload pics to a free pic host like photobucket or tinypic and post them here using the [IMG] like you did above.

I've very interested. Please post pics. There has always been talk of people trying to find a manufacturer to size down the intake manifold of the TRD supercharger to clear 8th gen Corolla hoods... :) When you do post pics, start a new thread.

btw how's your mpg after the supercharger compared to stock?
  25. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

This charger set up will deffinantly have no issues with the hood. I'll try posting pics when I get home later today. I'm at work right now and I'm using my scamming off time....lol. I was getting between 39 and 41 mpg on the freeway when my car was in stock form, and it all depended on how slow I was driving. Here in San Diego it's pretty hilly along the coast on the 5 south, so you don't get the greatest gas milage. When I drive up to Sacramento, I get between 41 to 45 mpg and that was while going 75 mph with the A/C on. Once you get on the flat land you get great mpg in stock form. Now with the supercharger and all the add ons, I get anywhere from 35-39 mpg. I've been getting between 35 to 36 mpg at 75-80mph and 37-39 mpg at 60-65 mpg. On the way to Sacramento, I got anywhere between 38-42 mpg with no A/C due to it being winter time. My tune is pretty lean so that I can achieve max power and it saves a little fuel in the process.
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Wow, that's really good mileage for a blown motor. Now I just need to look into engine tuning and management.
  27. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Go with Split Second, you can't beat there set ups. Just talk with Mark Amarandos over their and he'll guide you to the best component/components to use, based on your set up. Here's the contact:

Mark Amarandos
    Split Second
    1949 E. Deere Ave.
    Santa Ana, CA 92705
    949-863-1359
    www.splitsec.com
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Awesome. I'll check it out. Ok, for everyone's convenience we should move all conversation and discussion over to the new thread created.
  29. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    I'm interested in the supercharger too!}
    If it fit 8th gen without the hood clearance issue, then I'll save $$$ for one!!!
  30. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I started a thread in the general section called CUSTOM SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR ALL 1ZZFEs. I also included photos and info. I will keep this updated as I get more info and photos on this. So move your a** and check it out...lol.