1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Ground Wire Recommendations

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by trdracing2005, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    Ground Wire Recommendations

ok, I am trying to find a cheaper alternative then Ground fuzion's 70 dollar grounding kit, I was studying the description and it said audio wire... so I said to myself Hey why dont I just buy the wire and cut it to size then put connectors at the end, so here is my question I found a few diffrent wire brands and models. are these any good and if not which kind are there in 4 gauge (blue).

here is the list of them I found:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures.php?id=4109

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-4-AWG-Gaug...itemZ5855244253QQcategoryZ32810QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-HPM-4-G...870460528QQcategoryZ32810QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  2. Offline

sddynamix Taybo Masta

Message Count:
    I've already tried this using left over monster cable. The hardest part is getting a good crimp, with the right terminals, and not ruining everything. If you've got access to a good crimper that can crimp 4 gauge wire, then you should go for it. Otherwise, I don't think its worth the trouble.
  3. Offline

oppositesleeper New Member

Message Count:
    yea i did the "custom" ground on my car and it helped a little with the sound system pull on the electric system but its hard to get a good connection using 4 gauge wire, if you do you should take it to a sound shop and have them crimp it.
  4. Offline

SleepinRolla Member

Message Count:
    i have a crimper if you ge the stuff i'll do real cheap, i just don't where you're located.
  5. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    A lot of people have done this before includng myself.

Go to www.darvex.com and you can get all your supplied there. There are numerous DIY's floating around. You can use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to crimp them.

X
  6. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    u need high strand 4 guage wire, 1862 is the amount of strands in the wires he used and in the wire i tried using with my own grounding kit i tried. Getting a godo crimp is sooo hard. Especially with high strand 4 guage wire like that. Some terminals are easier to crimp then others so watch out
  7. Offline

ctam1986 Chicken

Message Count:
    i'm having Ground Fusion kit in my car(96 rolla). Love it! got it for $40 shipped new. because i'm the first one bought it. :D
  8. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    ok I made my own grounding kit and installed it and used the exact same stuff ground fusion used, and well I can notice a big diffrence, Bass doesnt dim lights, interior lights are 2x bright, Exterior lights are 2x brighter and Idle is smooth and Engine revs higher and smoother and gets up to speed hella faster!!! but I have another question. What other wireing in my car should I replace other than the speaker wire because I already did that. also How would I go about puting my battery in my trunk with a amp already wired to the engine bay and the amp is in the trunk. Thanks for all yalls help I enjoy being a part of vvt-i.net!!!
  9. Offline

ctam1986 Chicken

Message Count:
    you should check Vamp DIY website out. it has all the infos