1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Got on the dyno....again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RollaRyder1103, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    i was being sarcastic w/ the A/F readings....I ain't gonna blow shit when I go turbo...I have the knowledge and access 2 all the right parts, people, and resources for when I go turbo and when I want 2 tune my car. I never disagreed that he shouldn't be driving his car w/ that ratio....I agree that soundz pretty impossible 2 hit w/out any fuck upz...but it read what it read...itz all on TurboRolla21 to get it fixed and hope he doesn't blow anything in the process until then.
  2. Offline

Turbo4afe Guest

Message Count:
    lol..this thread is 2 funny not 2 reply..lol

well they probably didn't want to dyno it, and they gave you a sorry ass excuse for your clutch, because for 1 its impossible to drive a car with 21:1 and a worthless clutch..

i am not hating you by any means..congrats that you are trying to tune it, but you have to go in there with some balls, and say "run the damn thing, and after i will install the new clutch, i will run it again cause i wanna see the difference"

cause if u go back, they might say, your left headlight is burnt and the D.O.T. has to certify it first..lol..you see were i am going with this?

well good luck with it, and hopefully you will put down some good numbers :cool:
  3. Offline

weed101160 New Member

Message Count:
    based on the readings you got, it's my belief that a) they're incorrect in tunning/measuring your car or b) their equipment is faulty. either way, you might want to seek out another shop
  4. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Got on the dyno....again...

So, I put the camry injectors in this morning and headed to Bham to get back on the dyno and check my numbers. Well, I didn't get any once again--b/c my damn clutch is slipping so bad that they cant get a strong enough pull to get a reading. You could smell my clutch burning to death, so obviously I am putting down some decent HP.

My air/fuel read 14:1 with the new injectors (the stock ones were REALLY REALLY dirty), so we are good there.

I plan on getting my tranny rebuilt and I have already ordered a Stage 3 clutch from Spec. I cant afford an aluminum flywheel though. It's about $400 and I just dont have the money for all that. They are just going to resurface my stock one when they redo the tranny. My quote on the tranny work is $375+parts and the clutch is going to be $290. So, it wil be around $700 or 800.

We are going to try to get this done in the next 2 weeks and then go back down there and see what all 3 of our Corolla's put down on the dyno.
  5. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    dang man, good luck
  6. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    so you only checked what your a:f was and didn't see what your power was at all?
  7. Offline

SkyAce2004 New Member

Message Count:
    im not beleiving anything that comes from ur mouth this time!
  8. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Who cares...You dont have to and I could care less if you do or dont.

And as far as getting a power reading, I couldn't b/c my clutch was slipping--preventing me from getting a good pull. Thats what they told me. I mean, I really didn't know what it meant though. And before someone tells me that they were trying to get over on me and get some money for nothing...They didn't charge me a dime--and were as dissapointed as me b/c they all wanted to see what I could put down.
  9. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    do you have an aftermarket clutch and pressure plate?
  10. Offline

Corolla Dude Guest

Message Count:
    to Turborolla21: dont pay any attention to the haters and non-believers
    I enjoy reading your excursions to the Dyno place (b4 and now) and hope that when you get all this stuff fixed up, you'll finally post your dyno results and pics of your car and engine

gl dude..
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    good luck w/ the tranny rebuilt and new clutch....u should put down some pretty respective #z once itz all said and done....I got faith in u bro...ignore the hate/disrespect
  12. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    i love this shit...... because nobody here knows about cars and how engines and such work, my comments about his AFR is me hating on him?

oh well....... im sure somebody cares for you all
  13. Offline

weed101160 New Member

Message Count:
    id richin it up a bit
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    turbo4age....my commentz weren't directed @ u or n e body...i'm sayin in general if n e body gives him shit about what goes on then just let it be, what happenz @ the dyno happenz....21:1, 14:1 or 50:1 who cares...itz all a malfunction right now because of partz needing to be replaced/upgraded.
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    my whole deal was actually to help him........ it isnt "who cares" because at his supposed AFR he shouldnt even be driving
  16. Offline

weed101160 New Member

Message Count:
    lol, he said 50:1
  17. Offline

weed101160 New Member

Message Count:
    if rollaryder ever does go turbo, he's gonna blow his shit the first week
  18. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Mike...No I have the stock clutch in there now-that's why its gone to shit...And thanks for the non-haters that actually listen to what I have to say.

And weed101160...I do plan on richining it up some but that is what the dyno-tuning is for. Thats why I went--that's why I keep going back b/c I want my car running good, running right. Some of the people on this board talk shit and all they have are a few strobes or maybe an intake and think thier cars can hang...I would blow most of the Corolla's on this board away on the street.

That may sound a little cocky, but I have been respectful to everyone on here and all I get is BS and people telling me what they know about my car. Wait till I have my stage 3 clutch and my tranny rebuilt and my (just ordered) TRD shortshifter!!! Then I will have some dyno numbers and I am gonna be runnin 9.20's in the 1/8th---AT LEAST!
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    hell yeah, that short shifter is gonna make all the difference!!!!!

relax bro
  20. Offline

prismolla Guest

Message Count:
    lol. its very easy to miss the sarcasm in text.
  21. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    So you werent curious at all to find out what HP you were putting out at that time, even though your clutch was slipping. Obviously you still had a hp rating....I find it hard to believe that you didnt sneak a peak at the computer.

And saying that you would toast most corollas on this board...thats obvious since you are running a turbo. Thats like me saying I would toast any bmx bike with my Katana.

We're not hatin on ya.....just pointing out the missing parts that jump out at us.
  22. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    hurry up and dyno i wanna see if its worth it to keep my rolla or start on a new ride.....
  23. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    lol... rule of thumb on the dyno.... you will always be disappointed
  24. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Definately. 10 is kinda high.
  25. Offline

prismolla Guest

Message Count:
    same thing happened when my brother dynoed his A4 two weeks ago. and we think its the same issue. his clutch was on its last legs and was just horrible to drive. so he got a southbend racing clutch put in today. i think they might also need to get bigger fans to put in front of the car when testing, for more air flow. his A4 should put about 185+ HP to the wheels, but he only measured 160-165 hp (stock clutch that slipped and couldnt handle as much torque as his new one) whether any of its true or not, we'll find out in a few weeks when he takes another run at my cousin's dyno.

oh yeah. and the first time my bro dynoed his car it only read 120 HP. Not that something was wrong, but they forgot to set the computer to AWD mode instead of front wheel drive only.
  26. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    i'm not hating or whatever..... so i'm gonna be guessing that around 7psi you should be putting around 180'ish crank hp... which is 40% increase... (roughly)... unless you've been hammering the car & slipping the clutch like no other, the stock clutch should be able to take that kind of power easily

even my 4afe clutch is holding up just fine.... and i drive my 4ag like a madman everyday (though, i very very rarely slip the clutch) and i didn't put a new clutch or even resurface the flywheel we used on the 4ag..... and i gained roughly 30-35% power
  27. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, they took all that time to hook it up to the dynopack, and at $85/hour didn't want to dyno my car. Yeah that makes sense-a performance shop that doesn't want to make money...Never heard of that.

The A/F is not 21:1 anymore. I put those injectors in and it read 14:1 this time-which is still a little lean, but when we put the injectors in, we had to lean out the SAFC b/c it was getting too much fuel, so I have richened it up slightly till I can get it back on the dyno. Then my clutch will be able to hold a load.

I am not up-tight or anything...I could care less what anyone says on this board negative about me or my car--none of you are nearby so it doesn't really make a difference to me. :D I am excited about getting my new parts--and Turbo4age...a TRD shortshifter. I know that it wont make a 40HP difference or anything but it DOES make a difference in your shifts, especially with a stage 3 clutch.
  28. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
  29. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    NO...I never said that that shop was going to do anything for free...What I said was that they charged me $60 to put the bung in, and when they couldn't get a read on the dyno, they didn't charge me either time. That is their normal fee to dyno ($85/hr)

Actually this is the first time I have been to this shop and they are cool as hell. They we to all that trouble to hook my car up to the dyno twice and didn't charge me for it. They told me that "since we didn't tune anythng, you dont owe us anything till we do".
  30. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count: