1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Got a question about a car purchase.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike4831, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Got a question about a car purchase.

Currently I am driving a 2002 Civic. I own the car out right, but the car is just too slow for me. I originally bought the car just to get me through school, but I need something faster. The original plan was to have this car for about 4 years and then get and STI when I graduated. But I have been rethinking my plans. I have the money now to get a WRX out right.

I have driven both, and know that I am interested in the car. The insurance on the WRX is actually cheaper than my Civic, but the STI is almost 3 times as much. So what would be VVTI's opinion?

If I get the WRX I will finally have a car worth modding again.
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    GO WITH IT!!! for the love of all that is good...get it. :)
  3. Offline

Turbo4afe Guest

Message Count:
    what year and how much is it?
  4. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    I am looking for a WRX with under 30k miles and more than likely a 2002. I haven't found one worth buying yet.
  5. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    If I had the chance to get rid of My Civic for a WRX It wouldnt even be a question.
  6. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    go WRX... but how much more $$ do u hav to pay for gas compared to your civic...
  7. Offline

nocpan New Member

Message Count:
    i think you should go with the car which will cost you least in the long run, insurance, parts, maintenance, gas, if ur still in college and can get a better deal do it, when i finished college and had to really start on my own, my money reserve hit bottom for a good year (i'm not rich and i rarely/never stick my hand out to parents who travel a lot and are sometimes hard to catch) so u got a chance get the WRX unless you think the money you will loose in the swap could help you out in other way.
  8. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:

Well I will miss the gas milage I get with my car now. But oh well.
  9. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    no question get the wrx
  10. Offline

ctrolla13 New Member

Message Count:
    Definitely get the WRX! I almost bought one this summer, but I'm gonna hold out another 2 years until I'm out of college and don't have to burden myself with as big of a loan. The great thing about the WRX, besides the AWD and turbo, is that with a little bit of coin into it it'll be fast as hell. If you get a turbo-back exhaust and flash stage 2 with the Cobb AccessPort it'll get to 60 in under 5 seconds easy (I think it'll have about ~220 hp at the wheels) plus it'll sound so mean...the exhaust note on WRX's is like ecstasy for your ears. Check out clubwrx.net wrxtuners.com and nasioc.com there's more information on those three sites about the WRX than you can find anywhere else. Good luck

PS: If you can....get a 2003. Since 2002 was the first year it was offered in America its got a couple little bugs that they worked out in the 2003 models.
  11. Offline

anonymousracer Guest

Message Count:
    wrx > civic
  12. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    I would recommend you getting an evo8,instead of the sti and if money an issue get an evo RS.I currently own a 05 evo8 GSR and the insurance is not that bad.here the forum:

http://evolutionm.net/
  13. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:

From what I have read, the STI is a better DD and the EVO is a better track car. I have driven an STI, but not an EVO. And the STI gave me more of a rush than my friends GSX-R.
  14. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    i wouldn't see this as a worthy buy, but i understand you may really want one. i just think a stock civic is a great car to have and not worry about, plus gas prices etc. just make the car seem even more desirable to me.