1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Getting the TRD supercharger

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by 1.8greyghost, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Offline

1.8greyghost Guest

Message Count:
    Getting the TRD supercharger

Well guys went to the dealership today and had a nice long chat with the Parts manager and disscussed modifacation and warentee issues. This is what I got, 2530 dollars for the 1zz-fe supercharger, and about 1000 dollars instalation. But I don't pay shiping and the engine will mantain the factory warentee. so after tax it added up to about 3800. So I think I am going to get it done this coming tax check. I know some of you have done this, what should I expect out of the car, and what are your opinions on Advantages, dissadvantages?
  2. Offline

burbod01 New Member

Message Count:
    i don't have a s/c so i don't know what the advantages are, but the price sure is a disadvantage
  3. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Should be able to install the actual s/c yourself very easily I would think. But I bet the only way to keep warranty is to have them install it.
  4. Offline

capntoo New Member

Message Count:
    The paperwork that comes with TRD parts states that if the Dealership installs the TRD parts, the warranty remains original. If the owner installs the parts, they are covered for one year.
  5. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    I've heared, they will reduce your lag big time, better than turbo cuz they won't burn up your engine that fast. I thinks it gives 30 or more hp at the wheels. What year car is that going into?
  6. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    well, the s/c is better for reduced lag/low end torque - because there IS no lag, like you'd get from a turbo. it'll give 40 HP to the wheels at 6lbs of boost...more if you up the boost.
  7. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    um you need to take the supercharger to a different dealership to get it installed. Everywhere i have gone has quoted me $390 for install. Nobody on the boards has paid more than $500 for install.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    unless they are modding it to fit his vehicle if its not 03-04.
  9. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    ....there would be no warranty for it then.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    even if the dealer put it in?
  11. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    since it's not meant for anything older than 03 i don't imagine the dealer would do it.
  12. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    i would have the dealer install it but make them lower the price its a rip off
  13. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah..call around on the install -- you should be able to get a turbo installed for less than that, and a s/c is a whole lot less complicated. :p
  14. Offline

p1ccoloz Guest

Message Count:
    add an exhaust and dc header to that you should do decently well. and if you get the urge to spend more money add a pfc and tune it instead of the management trd gives
  15. Offline

1.8greyghost Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah that was a guess price for the install, he said it might be 500 or so. But besides that, the S/C would be going on my 04 S. I just want my rolla to be able to run with a Stock GSR, if not a little faster. Do you think it might be able to do that?