1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Get your alignment checked!

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Barnacules, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Get your alignment checked!

My car has been leading me around on the freeway like a puppy on a leash since I had to take apart the front end of my car to get my clutch and flywheel replaced. I decided to go down to goodyear and get an alignment since I haven't had one in a few years and OMG! They said my Toe and Camber were all screwed up and it took them an hour and half to get her dialed in dead on. But now when I jump on the road the car feels completely new. It goes around corners like a crazy horse, I think I just got too used to what it was like without a good alignment ;) Just thought I would share my experience. Also the guy that did the alignment said its typical for them to get lowered honda's and stuff but he had never seen a Corolla so tricked out and he really liked it. He also said that these cars are not designed to be NASCARs and when we stiffen up the suspension we really need to do alignments pretty regularly if we auto-x and stuff. I don't know if he really knew what he was talking about but the results don't lie! Oh yeah and having my steering wheel straight again is a big plus :):):)

Oh I have another question? Does anyone know if a company makes stronger rear toe adjust arms for our cars? One of mine is actually bent just a little. He was able to adjust it so that the slight bend didn't affect anything but the fact I was able to bend that peice of metal in the back has me thinking I need something a little stronger :)
  2. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    I'm gonna get my alignment done a few days after my suspension gets put in. Can't wait for that either. My car pulls to the side and vibrates at higher speeds. But thats cause one of my rims is bent. both my driver side rims are messed up actually.

But ya, i haven't had my alignment done in a year and its been a bumpy year, lots of potholes after that winter....
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Make sure to let your springs settle before getting an alignment
  4. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    o didn'tknow that. But the earliest i can get my alightnment is monday or tuesday. I'm getting it installed friday.
    How long should i wait and any advice wit new suspension?
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Im not sure if there is a true answer or not...Ive read anywhere from 3-14 days to let the springs settle before getting an alignment.
  6. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    hmmm i guess i'll wait a while then. Not in a hurry. My front tires are pretty much dead, so i don't can about tireware.
    I guess i should avoid potwholes more then usual and go easy on corners for a week or sometin
  7. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    Everywhere I read says new spirings take at least 500 miles to settle.
  8. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    haha that's probably how my car is right now, my alignment has been out of sync for a WHILE!!! I think well over 2 years lol I just have the money till now but next week all that changes since I'm replacing all the suspension/brakes with HIGH PERFORMANCE BABY!!! hehehe :p
  9. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    so you guys are saying i have to go around 500 miles before i get an alighnment done? where did u guys see this?
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    High performance? So youre going big brake kit?
  11. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    if one existed.....
  12. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

well not high performance but aftermarket you know so I'll have better handling and stuff than I do now cause my shocks are bad and springs too so a little dangerous u know
  13. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    actually something for the front does exist.

Sean2Sean is the only one I know of with it.
  14. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    fastbrakes.com

I'm thinking of getting the 4piston 11" rotor upgrade for myself.. $725 not a bad price imo.
  15. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    eh if it didn't snow I'd even consider it but having wheels in the winter isn't too fun
  16. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    all i know is i get my alignment checked every six months on all cars and trucks we own.
  17. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    It snows here too, and I have rims. I just take them off during the winter, like everyone else in the Northeast.......and by doing that, the lifetime of my tires are doubled, since theyre only on for half the year