1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Gauges?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by MstwntdFlip, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Offline

MstwntdFlip Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Gauges?

ok well i have bone stock corollola not planning to put turbo or major engine mods on it, but im also planning to put at least 3 gauges on the head board of the car, the thing is i only usually find 2 gauges that i know about, such as the oil temp and water temp, it might sound rice but i just want a clean look, and what other gauges can i put in with the front dash?
  2. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    we dont really need more gauges than what we already have. its a personal thing... A/F is always nice and the electricity one, oil pressure?

If I won the lottery and actually did a 4agze swap, ill definitely have gauges on the passenger dash.... it should look OK.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    ohh yeh haha. well now that i have looked into i, i might be doing an auto/ manual conversion and an engine swap, what is the best engine i can ave for my corola 01, pretend money doesnt matter and custom work is nothing, i want a daily driver and a fast enough car to have a good time in the track.
  4. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
    I wouldn't waste the money on an air/fuel gauge unless you want a light show. There are plenty of different ones out there though. If you are doing a big audio system, you could do a volt meter. You could do tranny temp, exhuast gas temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, gas level, and there are probably more. Water temp can give you a warning if you are starting to overheat and keeping a good oil pressure is always important. Without any mods, the third gauge really won't matter. You can use pretty much anything you want.
  5. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    im going to do air/fuel and oil pressure just so i can keep an eye on the health of my car. its not for performance or anything.
  6. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    Unless you guys have wideband o2 sensors the a/f gauge will not help you keep an eye on your cars. It will oscillate wildly because the sensor won't settle in time before the a/f changes. Narrowband = slow response time = invalid readings almost whenever you use it. Its readings only make sense to the stock ecu because the ecu runs huge rolling averages and uses these averaged values to modify fuel delivery.
  7. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
    That is why I said the air/fuel is just a light show. And a wideband on a unmodified car would be a waste of $250. But if you do want to monitor your air/fuel, I would definately go with a wideband. Dr.Tweak sells a great AEM wideband. I just got one from him for my Corolla.
  8. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    i do have a wideband....
  9. Offline

Message Count:
  10. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
    You got the kind that has and O2 sensor?
  11. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    yes. i have a bosch wideband o2 sensor fuck if i know the model i just picked it up at work.