1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Gauges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blk03Corolla, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Gauges

I dont know much about gauges and how to hook them up or what is needed. I am doing my researching now. What do you think would be effective to run in my car. I am going to get a boost gauge for sure and then my other posiblities are air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure, oil temp, and water temp. What do you guys think I should get. Someone on Newcelica.org said I would need a sensor to run the air/fuel ratio that is like 350 dollars. Is that right?
  2. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    What about an EGT gauge?
  3. Offline

kimi Guest

Message Count:
    air/fule gauge is very useful since u modded the car so much...

the extra sensor is actually a O2 sensor.

people usually put new one in there with single output (thats about 350 depending )

or just bypass the one in the car.
  4. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...I would suggest Boost, EGT, and Oil Pressure.
  5. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner :wink:
  6. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    So chris would you be able to install the egt because I do want the air/fuel mainly for looks and may put a few more into the dash later which would be oil pressure and temp and water temp. So in the pillar I would do air fuel then boost then egt.
  7. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    defi guage system *drools
  8. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Having both air/fuel and EGT would be a waste of money since they basically do the same thing. I mean, it wouldn't hurt at all but it's just that I don't see a point to it if you have the EGT gauge.

I could install them no problem, just need some tools for the EGT gauge and some parts for the oil pres gauge (which I know) :wink:
  9. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    OK so then I will just get the EGT, boost, and oil pressure. I will order them today and then we can make a time for you to come down.
  10. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Well I just ordered my guages.... EGT, Boost/Vac, Oil Pressure. Will have Chris (Apc Matrix) come down and help me with the install. Posibly do some HID's at the same time. Any recommendations for those?
  11. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    get a projector retrofitted..hehe, the sponsor is gonna help pay for all of this right?
  12. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    I have oil pressure (electronic), boost (mechanic obviously... to 20 psi), and air-fuel. What i've found is that the air/fuel guage looks cool, but is basically useless until i get the wideband 02. The oil pressure guage came with a sending unit that we just T-eed into an oil line near the stock sending unit, and the boost guage was really easy to hook up, just do the same thing with a vaccume line. I got autometer phantom guages.... it works well and looks great. There's nothing like seeing a boost needle dancing around as ur pressed back into your seat :)
  13. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    with forced indection you need to run fuel pressure. Thats what I have... along with boost and A/F ratio. You wont need the vaccuum
  14. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    You don't need to but it is suggested. I think I'll bring that up to Tyler when I go see him as a mod to keep in mind for the future. I think he's fine though since he's only running the S/C and doesn't need the extra fuel or anything like a turbo setup would, just my opinion though.
  15. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    true... we really dont need anything, Its just nice to have. The boost gauge just looks sweet, haha. I love watching that needle climb!