1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Gauges acting up.

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by MovieSTAR, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    Gauges acting up.

So my gauges have decided to start acting up. Speedo will work for a while....10-20 minutes. then will go all over the range from 0-110, finally resting at 0. Sometimes the fuel gauge will hit down to E from half full. I recently replaced an o2 sensor, but thats all i did. What could be the problem? Fuses?
  2. Offline

ChicagoCruise Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Mine were simply dead after disabling DLRs. It was a fuse. Check your fuses under the coin storage compartment.
  3. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    I've still got my DRL's enabled, but I will take a look. That fuse box is a PITA to get into. Good thing my haynes has the diagram...bad thing is they dont cover gauge failures =\

checked the fuse, it looked just fine. looked brand new actually. its the 10A one right?
  4. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Bad ground, my friend has the same issue on his civic. Randomly works.
  5. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    i think the wiring harness inback might be fucked up... ill take a look when its not raining anymore
  6. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    i think its a bad ground too. check the all the grounds and re do all of them (sand down and lubricate). there is one ground that i hear always gets fucked up. its located right by the front left speaker but not on the door. you have to take out the step guard and then the panel thats right by your left foot. the ground cables should look white. it might be rusty but i have noo idea.. just take a look. that might be it.
  7. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    OK so I was looking today at the wiring harness behind the gauge face....what the fuck ones are the ground wires? or if they arent behind the gauge face...where the hell are they? lol I was gettin pissed off....and then it started to rain so i quit. You said the white ones right? How do I pull them out while keeping them intact so i can put them backk? Or are they the grounds that are in the engine bay?

Can you post some pix plox?