1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Gah..brakes again!

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by CadetLee, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Gah..brakes again!

It went away for a few months; now my brake problem is back. If I drive for a few miles, my front passenger brake starts to shudder. It comes and goes..it'll get real bad, then soften up to be tolerable.

This is what I'll probably do when I get a chance:
    Flush brake fluid
    Replace rotors
    Replace pads

..and grease everything that moves. Is there anything else that I could possibly do to prevent this problem? It's beyond annoying -- I have a 20 mile commute to school and work, and if this gets any worse, I won't be able to make it.

I can get vented Brembos for about 40 bucks (www.buybrakes.com) or Powerslots for $88 -- I'll probably go with the Brembos..I'm not showing my car or anything. Also, Toyota OEM, Hawk, or Axxis brake pads? I don't want to have to mess with my brakes for at a year at least, but I'd also like decent braking.
  2. Offline

Toby New Member

Message Count:
    I run hawks and brembo. I've been saving for the fast brakes big brake kit but i like mine so much i've considered not doing it. I seriously couldn't imagine stopping much better. BTW i still have rear drums and stock shoes.
  3. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Cool..I'll probably pick up Hawk pads, then.

After 10-15 miles yesterday, I had smoke coming out of my wheel well. Then I drove 20 miles home, and it felt fine. Weird.
  4. Offline

KC Rolla XRS New Member

Message Count:
    I personally like stock pads. I've tried a few different brands but it seems to me that the stock pads last longer and produce less brake dust.