1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Full Coilover Setup

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by LoSx, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Offline

LoSx New Member

Message Count:
    Full Coilover Setup

Which ones are rated well vs cost?

I was thinking about getting D2's does anyoen know a good place to buy them? Id prob have to adjust the spring stiffness some however because of the extra weight in the tunk though.

I have a 2000 corolla BTW.

I think ksport makes one for our cars as well but I havent found it yet and I know Fic or whatever makes them as well but I have heard a TON of horror stories so I dont think I want to go with them!

So if anyone has suggestions or knows where to get the D2's for a good price please let me know!!! Im probably going to get them later after spring after my car gets fixed!
  2. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    you can't adjust spring rate, only shock dampening rate .it comes down to this. you can use any coilover setup from ae92, ae1xx series. D2 and K-sport use the same dampenining system and also rumors of them being sister companies. I cant tell you how good or bad they are yet, i still need an allignment. also JIC are pretty good in performance but i've also heard of them breaking quite often. Check your PM for info.
  3. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    i tried calling k-sport usa. never answered. thats why i went with a strut/spring combo. heard some bad things about them
  4. Offline

n00bie MODACAR

Message Count:
    nothing wrong with ksports, you can grab a set of ksports for about 700 dollars or a set of d2's for about 850 if you know where to go..
  5. Offline

LoSx New Member

Message Count:
    I heard ksports were very close to d2's but I know its not the same company... maybe sister companies though...

From what ive heard and after not really getting anyone with ksport im thinking more about the d2 which I have heard a lot of good things about... I heard the JIC's are great if its a track car and thats it but it cant live up to daily abuse and they seem to have very bad customer service from all the horror stories I have read!

nOObie who has them for $850..?? shoot me a link or name of you can!
  6. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    what about Weapon R coilovers or Dropzones???? has anybody had them on their car??
  7. Offline

LoSx New Member

Message Count:
    no JUST say NO.... They are pretty much the worst thing you could do to yoru suspension! If your going coilovers with struts which usually make for a stiff and not that greta ride you go with ground controls or skunks for our car... and tokico struts... which is close to 800 so that close enough to justify a lottle more for the full set!
  8. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    D2 and Ksport IS the exact same company. They are manufactured in the same plant in Taiwan. Ksport is just a brand D2 started up to market in japan. In the old D2 taiwan website you can see pictures of both brands being displayed in the same booth at some show.