1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Full Auto Shoot..awesome!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by e_andree, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  2. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Wow, that little girl looked like she was having fun :)
  3. Offline

fineline cc fo life

Message Count:
    I find that a bit disturbing, she's a bit young to be fire a gun off, let alone a full automatic machine gun!!
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    Nah, it was pirched on a tripod and sand bagged so there really wasn't much danger. But I kind of hear were your comming from, why have kids that young even around an event like that :)
  5. Offline

Ellada New Member

Message Count:
    i thought mythbusters proved that you cant blow up a car by shooting at it...somone forward this to MYTHBUSTERS...haha
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Why not? So they stay uneducated about firearms? What good will that do? I dont think youre ever too young to be educated on the dangers and the proper way to handle a firearm. It may save their life.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Or take their lives ;)

They did, but the cars at the event were rigged with explosives and that is why they blew up.
  8. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Then people shouldnt have pools at their house if they have kids.......either way, under adult supervision and with education, theyll know not to go near the pool or near the gun, because they can respect what can happen.

Or parents shouldnt have dogs, cuz sometimes they attack.
    Or parents shouldnt have any sort of medicine, cuz kids can overdose.
    Or parents shouldnt have stoves, because they can burn kids......

When would it stop? With proper education and adult supervision, firearms are no worse than anything else.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    That true, because kids are just as coordinated as adults so it is simply a matter of just education. Your completely right e_andree :D
  10. Offline

D Matrix Member

Message Count:
    Somebody watched Red Dawn one too many times. :D
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Damn, you just want to argue, and youll go to any extreme to try to make your point, even when it has nothing to do with the argument. What does coordination have anything to do with this??

Its a matter of education on a subject to prevent accidents in the future. Are you flat out saying that a child can not be educated early in life on the dangers and usage of a firearm? Or is this just a matter of arguing about something that you truly really havent put much thought into? Im not trying to be an ass, just trying to figure out what you base this on. Do you have firearms in your house? Do you have children in your house?
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Damn, you just want to argue too, and you'll also goto any extreme to make your points. You are not the person to be pointing the finger. Anyways I do actually beleive that children of that age are not coordinated enough to have full control of a machine gun. The girl did okay in the video but she could have easily lost control and someone could have got hurt or killed. I do have a gun in my house but its unloaded and in a safe spot and I don't have children in my house at the moment. If you want to argue something back then you probably should not accuse of me trying to argue when its the same thing that you are doing. Sheesh :p
  13. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

For once can you just have a conversation with someone without getting all snippy and defensive?
    Im trying to understand your logic, not trying to start an argument.

How does what the little girl was doing have anything to do with coordination? Its on a tripod, with an adult less than a foot away from her. All she was doing was pushing a button. You even said it yourself! "It was pirched on a tripod and sandbagged, so there wasnt much danger" Now youre contradicting yourself by saying she could have easily lost control and killed someone.

Yeah, you can control what your child has access to in your own home, but you cant control what they have access to in someone elses home. My son is educated about handguns (but hasnt yet shot one, and he wont for a few years) enough to know that they are not toys, and he should not handle them. If he comes upon that situation in someone elses home, at least he knows to stay away from them and alert an adult. A child uneducated on this subject can die from not knowing. Same thing can be said about other household stuff, like electricity, swimming pools, cleaning agents, etc.

I still fail to see what coordination has anything to do with it, and how children of that age shouldnt be educated in firearms. Maybe when you have children youll see things differently......unawareness doesnt mean safety.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah your really trying to understand my logic and I'm the one getting snippy and defensive. Sureeeeeeeeee :D Dude, I like to argue with you because you are so blind to your own actions :) You often accuse people of doing the same thing as you which I find hillarious.

Anyways if you fail to see why coordination has anything to do with it then you must not shoot guns very often :) It’s pretty easy for recoil to mess with you. Also note that my argument about kids and guns was much generalized. The girl in the video with the tripod didn't seem to be in any immediate danger but my point is for kids and guns overall not just that one occasion. But I still don't agree with children that young being at an event with full automatic weapons and explosives. That just doesn't seem very cool to me. Disagree if you want and even continue to get snippy with me for disagreeing but this is just how I feel.
  15. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Geez...way to turn it around on me...lets not forget who jumped in with the sarcastic comment first: "That true, because kids are just as coordinated as adults so it is simply a matter of just education. Your completely right e_andree "

And Ive shot firearms since I was 8, I shoot firearms at least twice a week, so I know the characterstics of firearms. (handguns, automatic rifles, shotguns, etc) So I guess you disagree with a father taking their son/daughter out hunting too.

Ill drop it then, because you continue to not answer any questions or give reasons for the way that you feel towards this issue, nor do you respond to any of the valid points I set forth...and hey, you dont have children yet, so you cant really respond anyways because your ones views totally change at that point.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    You can have the last word on this one e_andree, I won't fight anything you just said because I dont want to keep this going :D
  17. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    My name is Eric
  18. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    no its not... its ummm ok it is eric.. I was just trying to start up a new one.. oh I failed...
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    Whats your point? My name is Jerry. But in Forums generally people go by an Alias? If you want me to call you Eric then I will. I have no problem with that.
  20. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Geez, once again.....always so defensive.
    Many on this forum refer to eachother by first name. Go take your medicine and calm down:)
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    How was that in any way defensive? I just simply stated that most people get called by an alias, that is why it is by each post instead of Eric and now I'm being defensive :) Wow, I think our biggest problem is were to much alike.
  22. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    The "Whats your point" could come off as defensive. Maybe we are too much alike. And maybe we're both interpreting what we're reading the wrong way.
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Perhaps, I bet we're both interpreting context completely wrong. I'll try to simmer down :D
  24. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    Hey lets not get upset here.

Anyways guns are different than stoves, golden retrievers, and swimming pools.
    The primary purpose of a gun is to kill living things. Big difference there.
    I do get your point. I'm not really worried about the debate because I don't have a kid or a gun. When I do I'll probably teach my kid. Who knows.

haha this is fun.
  25. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    The ORIGINAL primary purpose of a gun was to kill living things......Ive shot millions of rounds in my lifetime, and only twice have I killed a living thing. (Elk during hunting season)

And yeah, a firearm is different than stoves, golden retrievers, and swimming pools in the physical sense. But what they all have in common is that if a child is uneducated about any of them, they could end up getting hurt or killed, correct? Some could go with the route of "lets shield them from it totally, and it wont happen", and thats fine if you dont want your child to experience new things in their life.

A childs curiosity will lead him to sticking the key in the electrical outlet....but if hes educated about the dangers of that electrical outlet, he wont do it.

My entire point hasnt been that the danger isnt there....its been that education on the subject matter will lessen the chance of an accident.
  26. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    Ehh, I don't really agree with that part.

The original puropose of a gun is still the same as today's purpose. Just because people USE them for other purposes does not change why they are made. Guns are designed and made to kill or wound a human being or animal. I can go take a minigun and take out a few trees, or I can go shoot cans at 100 yards with a rifle, but that does not change its purpose.

I would definetly teach my children about guns and the harm they can do. Personally I do not see the damage from a child firing a weapon like that in a safe and educational environment, under supervision. I do agree with Eric on that point.
  27. Offline

fineline cc fo life

Message Count:
    Some of these statistics might be a good reason that not only should young kids be exposed to guns and the violence they are responsible for, but why anyone needs to own a gun besides law enforcement and military is beyond me.

And I'm not saying that educating kids abouts guns is a bad thing... but that doesn't mean you have to put a machine gun in their hands, and fire off thousands of rounds at a car to see it violently explode.

Explain to me why we should continue to expose children to extreme violence?
    And then we wonder why youth today is involved in such violent crimes.
  28. Offline

ToyRolla New Member

Message Count:
    Granted she is not really playing with one and there is good adult supervision, that girl looks too young to be using a gun. If she is not old/mature enough to wrap her mind around the consequences of using one improperly, then she should not be behind one. She only looks 6-7 years old and in my opinion, its not acceptable.

This is all hypothetical, but...

Say a parent takes their kid to something like that. How would they know whether or not their kid knows where to find their gun and whether or not their child wants to show off their shooting skills to their friends.

And I'm willing to bet you the majority of these children and teens were living in households with exposure to fire arms (though probably poorly monitored). They were probably also raised around them knowing some of the consequences.
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Most of those statistics above can be linked directly to uneducation on the subject and lack of supervision, which will lead to accidental deaths.
    Most kids see more violence on television than this. And if you want to get into the right to bear arms argument, thats an entirely different subject. I also fail to see how shooting off a machine gun in a controlled environment at non living things can be seen as violent.

Education, education, education. They learn to respect what a firearm can do....most cases where children accidently kill another child or themselves can be directly related to their lack of knowledge of how a firearm works.
  30. Offline

fineline cc fo life

Message Count:

I agree with this... but if the gun wasn't in the house to begin with, and the child wasn't shown the gun and how to use it... most of these "accidental" deaths wouldn't occur. :shutup:

but you're also right.. the right to bear arms is a whole different topic.

And how can you say the firing of a machine gun is not violent!? :superconf
    The automatic gun was made to kill PEOPLE!!! it's violent in it's very existence!
    It's intention was never for any other purpose then to KILL PEOPLE, the fact that she is firing it at a inanimant object doesn't take away the fact that it is an act of violence!
    She's firing a violent type of weapon, with real ammunition at a vehicle that is loaded with explosives and BLOWS up in a violent burst of flames. How is this experience helping this child? I don't get it.

She's a very young girl, she should be playing with other young children, with barbies, and lego and other toys meant for her age. She should be learning how to speak proper english and spell her name. Not fire a fully automatic military spec machine gun. :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: