1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Car F/S FS: 2001 Corolla S Turbo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Cars' started by Barnacules, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    FS: 2001 Corolla S Turbo

I'm thinking about selling my 2001 Toyota Corolla S w/ custom turbo since I don't drive it anymore (I have a Stage 2 STI now). The car has been garaged and has the following.

* Garret GT25R Turbo
    * Front Mount Intercooler
    * Fidanza 8lb Flywheel
    * 60% ACT Pressure Plate + Racing Clutch
    * Re-circ BOV (comes with open ATMO BOV too)
    * Red/Black Racing Seats
    * Greddy eManage
    * Apexi S-AVCR Boost Controller
    * H&R Racing Spring (1.5 - 2.0 Drop)
    * AlphaWerks Full CatBack Exhaust
    * Custom Downpipe
    * Wideband O2 Sensor + Guage
    * Oil Pressure Sensor
    * Narrowband O2 Guage
    * Split Second ESC-1 (Not Installed, new in box)
    * Box of spare parts (Exhaust Manifold, Head Cover, Wiring Harness, Trim, etc)
    * CarPC (double din) + 7" Xenarc 700 TSV screen Custom Fiberglass Fit (needs a little trim work and paint)
    * Wings West 42" Spoiler
    * Kosei K1 16" Racing Wheels
    * Toyo Proxies 4 Tires (Like New)
    * Custom Short Shifter (Like shifting an arcade machine :))
    * Custom Xenon Projector Headlamps + Ballasts (From Audi S4)
    * BMW M3 Powered Mirrors
    * Strut Tower Stabilizer
    * Rear Lower Tie Bar
    * Slotted Cadnium Plated Rotors
    * Infinity Kappa speakers in the front doors and rear deck (no stereo, you could install one or use the CarPC that comes with the car and an AMP)

I would like to see some offers if people are interested to guage if I want to sell the car or keep it and finish it up this summer as an autocross car. The car has a new engine with only 30k miles on it and runs great. The car also has no stereo because it was all ripped out to make room for the custom CarPC and Touch Screen which comes with the car but needs to be re-finished and installed since it has cracks in the fiberglass (the screen shroud). I also am not interested in parting the car out since I dont want to have to restore it back to 100% factory. Also I will not ship the car, if you are interested you would have to come pickup the car yourself from my house. Also the car has a few dents and dings in it but nothing major as most used cars do.

Some pics of the car and some parts before install
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    how much xD
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Here is my new baby, the reason for selling the Corolla.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I am looking for offers, I would like to get around $8000 for everything (KBB for a stock one in good condition). Keep in mind that I have over $15k in upgrades to the car including the new engine. I just would like to see another enthusiest grab this car and restore it to its former glory and actually drive it! The car drives fine right now but needs the CarPC stuff re-installed and the ESC-1 installed to be complete and a little cosmetic work to be perfect (little dent in the front left fender).
  4. Offline

94corolla-chafita uhh im a dude..

Message Count:
    lol do u finance?
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Hahahaha, unfortunatly no. However I do beleive banks will issue loans for used cars. Never really looked in to it though :)
  6. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Yes, they will; credit unions tend to give better rates, though.

Good luck with the sale! :)
  7. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    is it $8000obo or $8000 firm?anyways good luck on the sale,im trying to get rid of my evo 8 after i fix the transfer case and start working on corolla again.
  8. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    seems like everyone goes from corollas to wrx's
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah, I have noticed this trend too. But there are some Pro's and Con's to the WRX also that make me want to keep the Corolla sometimes but I just cannot justify keeping 4 vehicals (my wife doesn't like this many cars).

- The Corolla gets 25+ MPG even with the Turbo and driving it like I stole it, the STI Gets 16 - 18 MPG with Stage 2
    - The Corolla feels light as a feather, when I get out of my STI and jump in the Corolla and take it for a spin I feels like I got out of a semi and in to a shifter kart
    - The STI will blow the doors of the Corolla no matter how much boost I'm pushing in the Corolla but the Corolla feels like it is going faster at lower speeds, the STI needs to go over 100mph before I feel the speed, the Corolla doing 80 mph feels much quicker (perception is a mean thing :))
    - The AlphaWerks exhaust on my Corolla is about 10x louder and meaner sounding then the Greddy full cat back on the STI? I still dont understand why.

All said and done though I smile more after getting out of a hard drive in my STI then a hard drive in my Corolla :p
  10. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I'm going that route as well.
  11. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    it's the easy route to go when you don't have the skills to make a rolla run turbo right... (hehe sorry i had to)

in defense of the wrx however, it is an amazing platform to work with. I have considered many times purchasing one to play with... I don't think I will let go of the rolla though... I've got too much history with that bitch.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    i agree...with the high payments and insurance for my evo,i could of buy me a 98-01 corolla and run 11's on street tires and 10's on slicks but dream car is a dream that you cant resist to buy.
  13. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    lol, to be honest if i had enough cash i'd have my corolla sold and buy a wrx too, STI or nonSTI
  14. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    got any pics of the hids at night? i wanna see lol.

wish i had the $$ for this. wanna swap headlights? i'll pay cash plus oem core....
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    It had to be said :) The car runs great now however according to the wideband it still runs 14.7 under boost because OBD-2 keeps compensating, I got the ESC-1 to fix this problem just didn't install it before picking up the STI :)

Sorry man, I want to let the car go as a package and I could not sell a turbo Corolla without HID, that would be blasphomy :)
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    The car is still available, start it up once ever two weeks and purrrs like a kitten. I am thinking about keeping it now though with the price of gas being so high. It fun kicking around in a little loud ass turbo Corolla that gets 25+ MPG instead of my 16 MPG STI :)
  17. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    If you were ever to sell the turbo as a kit, you would have a buyer right here. :)
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    Hmmmm. Let me think about it. It might not be a bad idea to restore this little 1zz-fe back to stock to get bad ass gas milage and just drive my STI when I want a thrill. Let me check my garage in the next few days and see if I have the parts to restore to stock. Might have to trade some parts like oil pans since you need my modified one and some hoses, etc.
  19. Offline

hectik303 anarchy!!!

Message Count:
    how is the turbo for that car i was lookin at buyin one?
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    If done right it is awesome. probably make somewhere in the ballpark of 200whp with 10psi of boost.
  21. Offline

Liquidgsr Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Hey were did you pick up the manifold from. My turbo integra gsr was stolen, now i have a corolla and would love to boost it.
  22. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Look in the forced induction section, there's a post on where to find all the parts you would need
  23. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    it's part of a TSI kit IIRC
  24. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I'm thinking of doing a turbo set up in the future, what RPMs does the turbo spool up at?
  25. Offline

99corollarolla Member

Message Count:
    are you selling the springs/shocks?
    if so, how much?
  26. Offline

WhitePearl New Member

Message Count:
    U say the carpc has to be reinstalled. Would u be willing to sell it seperatly, since its not in the car? Pics and specs?
  27. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    might be able to get 6k for it. the turbo limits potential buyers since its not oem. you might find a sucker to get it for 7500, but might push it.
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    ^^^agree i know theres built turbo honda/acura selling for $8000obo,im just saying $6000obo for quick sell.
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    Bump...

I know it has been a long time but I still have the car in my garage, I start it every 2 weeks to keep the battery fresh and engine lubricated. I am still looking to sell the car but I want the project to keep going so I'm not going to strip it down. If you are a local person (King County) and your looking for a Turbo Corolla I'm willing to let it go for $4000 out the door. I'll even throw in the B&M oil cooler, Split Second ESC1 & stock wheels/tires in addition to the racing wheels on the car. The specs are up higher in the thread and I have over $28k in to the car as it sits. The car in fair condition stock is worth $4000 just for trade in value according to KBB. The reason I'm selling it cheap is because I want someone to pick it up that wants to continue what I started and finish the car. Right now the car runs and drives perfectly and is set for 8psi of boost. The car also has a new engine in it with only 32k miles on it. Let me know if you are interested, if I dont get any offers in the next month or so I am going to return the car to stock and sell it for $5500 and sell the turbo kit seperately for $2500 and part out the remaining upgrades (suspension, hid head lamps, etc). I want to avoid having to do this even though it nets me more money because i would love to be driving around some day and see my Corolla blowing off while driving by me. For some reason tearing the car down really bothers me. I'll take the car out and wash it in the next week or so and take more pictures and add them to the thread. Right now the CarPC is out of the car and most of the electronics are exposed. I dont want to peice the car back togather yet because whoever buys it is going to want to install the Split Second ESC1 and taking all that part is a real pain :)

Let me know if you are interested, PM me.
    Jerry
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah, 4k is a steal. Like I said I just want to sell it to someone that will finish what I started and want a turbo sleeper. I would get much more satisfaction from that then parting it out or restoring it to stock and selling the car for more then that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.