1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine front o2 sensor

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by darkgamer1912, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Offline

darkgamer1912 Member

Message Count:
    front o2 sensor

so i had my cel go off and my front sensor was bad so i finally got time to change it and it was exactly like vamp said. which i was hoping it wasnt. its also a pain in the ass to get it off. i had to lay on the engine to get the bolts off. but like vamp showed in his install on his site the right bolt would not come off it just got crossed threaded and would not come off. so i tried to cut it with a dermal like he did but, i have no idea how he cut them cuze. i eventually realized that the whole stud was coming off. but with the stud off i still was not able to cut into it with out hitting the treads. so i just went to Toyota and picked up a new stud. but all they had was a bigger one and i had to put some washers on it to fit. took me all day b/c we only had one car and like 2 1/2 hours to complete this job but it saves me from a mechanic and spending crazy money. anyone else do this yet or was i just unlucky like vamp

my bad duplicate can admin please delete