1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Front Door Panels

Discussion in 'Interior' started by swtaylor, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Offline

swtaylor Guest

Message Count:
    Front Door Panels

Could anyone enlighten me on how to remove the front door panels?

Thanks
  2. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    1. Remove the trim piece by the rear view mirror. Just pull at the top to release the one clip holding it in place.
    2. Remove the trim piece from around the door handle. Pull straight up - it's held in by 4 clips. The clips are pretty tight so it might take some time.
    3. Remove the trim piece holding the power door lock switch/power window switches. Same deal - pull straight up. Remove the wiring harnesses from the switches.
    4. Remove the 2 screws holding the door handle assembly to the door.
    5. Flip open the screw cover in the door release mechanism (the thing you pull on to open the door). A thin, strong piece of plastic is best for this. Just push it in and the cover should pop open. Remove that screw as well.
    6. Pull the door trim off by pulling around the edges of the trim (sides and bottom. Once all the trim clips are released lift the trim up and off the door.
  3. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    what is the door panel

What is the door panel and why would you want to remove it??
  4. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Re: what is the door panel

Tha door panel is tha part which contains the door handle, power windows/locks. People usually want to remove it because they want to put in aftermarket speakers, dynamat the door ir put in aftermarket alarm system with power locks.
  5. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Oh that thing. Ok i get you now. I was thinking of the bumper thing on the door on the outside. I feel so dumb now. So you remove that panel to put in your own alarm system. I don't have an alarm system. No need for one. there are much nicer cars here to rob than my Corolla. Plus i'll probably end up setting it off myself before a robber would. One time i set the alarm off in my sister's car at school and it was kinda embarassing. I think i did it 4 or 5 times.
  6. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I need an alarm cuz of tha fact i live in LA, cuz Toyotas and Hondas are the most commonly stolen cars here hooked up or not.
  7. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Cali is a bad place to live

Do alarms really keep the robbers away? robbers are not stupid, they can disconnect the wires and then break into your car. They are not morons. There's not gonna just break into a car without knowing some type of knowledge of how to stop the alarm. You should put a camera by your car, that way they know they are being videotaped and maybe they would skip your car and move on.

Aren't Accords and Camerys the most favorite to break into? Why is that?? Are they easy to break into or something? i heard the insurance is really high on those cars.
  8. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Re: Cali is a bad place to live

Most alarms have their own battery backup, and if they are installed correctly, the brain and battery are hidden somewhere very hard to find. Once the Alarm is tripped, it will keep going off even if the car's battery is disconnected (with a GOOD alarm system), By that time, the thief has attracted a lot of attention to himself, and if you have one of those systems that pages you when there is an intrusion, then you can introduce the would-be thief to Mr. Louie Ville Slugger.
  9. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Re: Cali is a bad place to live

I think an insurance poll that wuz posted said that at number 7 the Corolla wuz a common stolen car as well. This wuz based for tha year of 2001.
  10. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    alarms are smart

:shock: I didn't know that alarms did all that. But still, i'm sure there are alot of GENUIS robbers out there. But of all things to rob, why a car??? Besides the radio and maybe they get out of one state and basically caught. so why a car?? But if i knew who was trying to steal my car, i'm probably not gonna hit him, b/c of the fact i am weak :oops: and he might have a posse that would come and get me. I think i would just call the police!

Why would they want to rob an economy car like a Corolla anyways?? If i were to steal, i would steal from a Lexus or a BMW, why a $15000 Corolla??? Sometimes i think robbers are a lil dumb. I'm sure there are more money laying around in a Lexus than a Corolla anyways.
  11. Offline

stewart Guest

Message Count:
    not from experience, but....the reason they steal cars like corollas or civics is that they have a market for the parts. they have an easier time to sell the parts because lots of people have that model of car. as for alarm systems, the best one i know of is the boomerang. the car can be traced through the use of GPS.. a hidden chip allows a control center to track the car from just about anywhere (except from inside cargo containers) once you declare it stolen.

top car stolen in canada...hyundai tiburon
  12. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    So they steal the parts and sell them as used??? that is wrong. i would be pissed if someone stole my parts from my car. Do insurance cover the stolen parts??

They have Tiburons in Canada?? I think they are nice cars. They look really unique. For a Hyundai, it's a pretty nice sporty car. The Santa Fe is nice too. that's about the only two car i like from Hyundai.
  13. Offline

stewart Guest

Message Count:
    are parts covered......depends what kind of insurance you have. Yep they sell the parts as used, but they don't keep all the vehicule, only the pices they need and the rest is thrown away. by the way, when a car gets stolen it is because their is a demand for it, and somebody has asked for a certain piece off that model car.they look for the vehicule needed, case it out a bit, steal it, and dissmantle it withen the following hour of getting stolen.

yep we do have the tiburon...in fact pretty much all of the cars available in the states are available here.....
  14. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    thats good. thank god for insurance. But i think its wrong that people steal, they should do it the legal way and get it from the factory. They should be all put in jail >_< !!

Is there any CANADA only cars?? Like it's only available in Canada??
  15. Offline

T'rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Acura make a version of the Civic sedan called the 1.7 EL that is only for Canada (at least it used to be).
  16. Offline

stewart Guest

Message Count:
    apart from acura, i don't know...in some other instances it might be the same model but a diff name for it.