1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine front clip importer?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by 94corolla-chafita, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Offline

94corolla-chafita uhh im a dude..

Message Count:
    front clip importer?

ok so i finally decided to do something. im looking to swap in a 4age bt into my car. i decided with the front clip option as mine has a slush box. i have searched the forum already but i didnt find anything. so my question is what is a good website to buy from? ebay sometime has them for sale but its kinda expensive. flashoption has some but ehh... i dont know if i trust them. any one have any input? budget is around $1800.
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    DON'T BUY FROM FLASHOPTIONS. while they are somewhat legit they are located in malaysia and takes forever to ship anything out.. I heard stories of a customer taking a year to get something, and it wasn't even what he ordered. Also sice they ship from malaysia it would be up to you to receive from a seaport and take care of docking fees and customs. You might even need to hire a custom broker.. it's not worth it.

You really don't need a front clip.. I recommend JHOT, they sell the most complete swaps with everything pulled including the engine mount and axles. It's rare to see front clips imported now a days..
  3. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  4. Offline

94corolla-chafita uhh im a dude..

Message Count:
    hmm. i kinda wanted a whole clip so i can do auto manual conversion. but ill just go junkyard hopping. thanks for the input. more would be welcome.
  5. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    you can do it with what jhot gives you, they include the tranny, shifter, cables, etc.. it wont come with the pedals and clutch lines but you wouldn't be able to use them anyways because the mounting flanges are different between rhd and lhd
  6. Offline

Liquidgsr Well-Known Member

Message Count: