1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Friday 13th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silver03, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Offline

silver03 Guest

Message Count:
    Friday 13th

Well Friday the 13th was a bad day for me. After comimg to a stop @ a 4 way stop, I stated to make a left turn when it was my turn. Next thing I see was a flash of red on my left. Next thing I see is my air bags deflating.

Being in a state of shock and seeing smoke and smelling electrical wire burning, I decide to bail out of the car just in case it went up in flames. The drivers door was jammed shut so I had to put my shoulder and weight into opening it. I was only able to open the door just enough to squeeze out.

After the trip to the emercency room trauma unit. and getting the police report the other driver was cited for failure to stop. There were also witnesses that stuck around to give reports. I decided that I needed to get my personal stuff out so I went down to the wrecking yard with camra in hand.

Damage to the car is impact from the middle of drivers door forward to the bumper. intrusion into cab was minamal, left wheel is pushed into engine compartment and tilted in at the top 20 degees, cracked front window form the passenger air bag and drivers A-pillar being torqued. rear view mirror is hanging by wires.

I'm hoping that the other insurace writes it off as a total loss. If some one can host pictures let me know.
  2. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    I can. I'll PM you my email. Sorry about that man, hope you are OK.
  3. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    damn man, you alright? good luck with your car, hopefully your insurance writes it off like you said. so much better to have a new car rather than one that has an accident history. if you get the write off, you gonna get another corolla or something else? good luck
  4. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    Yea, looks pretty bad.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Offline

silver03 Guest

Message Count:
    As far as getting a new Rolla it all depends on how much I'll get from the settlement. If I do get another rolla I'm sure to get the side air bags or with any vehicle for that matter.
  6. Offline

DaChozn Guest

Message Count:
    Damn!!! That was a bad hit...Good thing you sound like if you're fine. Don't worry about the car man, the fact that you're good is the most important thing. It would most likely be declared a complete loss and the other driver's insurance would be responsible, if everything goes right.

Good luck.