1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

fog light help!!!!

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ufo724, May 2, 2003.

1. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
    fog light help!!!!

I just bought some h3 bulds for my fog lamps but how do i put them?

thanks
  2. Offline

corol_typ_S03 Guest

Message Count:
    its kinda easy....
    grab the Do it your self giude for clearing the corners on your head lights, you have to take off the head light, to get to them....so follow the directions for the clear corners then you will see.

or if you got a like hydrolic jack lift the car then you can see the fog light and just twist it as if you were changing the lights on your head lights, but gettign the bulb out is abitch i was not doing it, but i was a pain...

thats the only two way i know of! hope it helps! :D
  3. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    you shouldnt need to take the whole headliughts out to get to the fogs. It may be easy at that point but there is soooo much space under the car I would think you could do it from right there.
  4. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ....that's pretty funny, you do not need to take out the headlight to gain access to the fog lamps. Simply look under the front of the car and remove the bolt that holds each light in place, the lights will slide out now. Remove the harness and then the bulb and that's it, reverse the procedure to put the fog lights back in...just like in your manual.
  5. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
    taking the headlights out ya right!!!!

I just went under the car it was so easy I cant believe I didnt figure it out b4
  6. Offline

xflywonthanhx Guest

Message Count:
    i stuck my head under the car and removed the fog lamps and that's it....
  7. Offline

sleekaman Guest

Message Count:
    Yellow fogs

Syndicate, how are the yellow bulbs for the fogs, sure like to see some pics...I've ordered the PIAA H3 plasma blues, still waiting for them. but was also considering the PIAA Yellow ION H3, but I wanted more light spread. I did upgrade the regular lights with the Silvania Silverstars, only noticed a slight difference.

Sleekaman
  8. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...they're pretty nice and also quite yellow (especially in the rain, fog, and snow), I don't have any pics of them just yet though. If you had to choose between the Ion yellow and Plasma for the same price I would get the Ion yellow.
  9. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    EASIEST WAY----Open your owners manual and it shows you how to replace your fog light bulb....................with pictures