1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

finally finished my stereo install

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by JLee, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    finally finished my stereo install

Infinity Kappa Five and Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components. Tang Band 5.25" subwoofer in the stock box...will probably be replaced with a JL 10" behind the passenger seat (when I have money again :p).

I haven't put the whole interior back together yet, but the doors are back together and everything works! :thumbup

Obligatory:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Zachary likes this.
  2. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
  3. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Awesome!

Great idea of using foam to encapsulate the crossovers and amp - makes for a clean look and protect them at the same time.
  4. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    That's actually 1/2" MDF with carpet over it, but I think it does the trick :D

I put a couple bolts together with JB weld to make a threaded rod (couldn't find metric threaded rod locally) and bolted it to the spare tire bracket. I double nutted two nuts underneath the board to keep it from sliding down, then used one more on top to hold it all together. It shouldn't move anywhere, no matter what. If the JB weld breaks and it gets loose, I'll order a real threaded rod and do it again...but it should be safe for all manners of street driving, yet easily removable for autox. The only other thing I need is quick connects for the wiring. :)
  5. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Really, my goof, couldn't really tell from the pics. Looks exactly like the poly foam we use in our shipping racks for computer equipment.

For MDF and carpeting, that is a really nice job!
  6. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    i can vouch for infinity audio parts since my evo came with infinity 10in sub,amp,tweeters and mids,i had to replace my infinity cd because it didnt have the aux overall the infinity is a ok.
  7. Offline

Zachary New Member

Message Count:
    i got 2 JL's in the back of my GT4 and they shit wail to the max, i plan to get 2 more also
  8. Offline

1nicetrd Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    nice i have pioneer 3-ways all around loving it sofar