1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Farenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Addicted2Boost, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    Farenheit 9/11

Everyone, please go see this movie regardless of whether you are Democrat, Republican, Independent, ... whatever. If you are over 18, I hope this movie will inspire you to register to vote and become involved in the direction of this country.

I say this as a concerned member of this community, and do not intend to preach. This is a critical time in our country's history, and everyone voice should be heard and counted.
  2. Offline

nikeair11 Guest

Message Count:
    Knowing Michael Moore's "documentary" (and I say documentary using the widest definition possible -- in reality his films are COMMENTARY) style, I already know this is complete condescending, muckracking garbage under the guise of "informing the average person." Moore is about as one-sided, prejudicial, and biased as so-called documentarians come, and I won't waste my $9.50 on this, or any of his other garbage commentary.
  3. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    While I probably won't see this one, I did watch Bowling for Columbine and thought it was very informative...
  4. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    you hit the nail right on the head............Except movies only cost $8.00 here :lol:
  5. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    In no way am I endorsing or criticizing this movie on its merits of be factual. I think this is an important commentary on the state of affairs in the US. I agree that his views and style skews the average moviegoer to believing his opinions are facts.

However, given that we are living in a "30 second sound clip world," where MOST americans do not read to inform themselves, this is a medium Michael Moore has chosen to capture that audience's attention and speak to them.

Everyday, americans accept the filtered news as fact. NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN and of course *FAIR AND BALANCED* FOX give their own filtered versions of news that people accept as fact. We see on tv and read in US newspapers whatever the government wants us to see and read. Everything has a US bias to it doesn't it? If you watch Al Jazeera, it will have a middle east biased correct? It is when you are able to fuse the two viewpoints together that you are able to get closer to the truth.

I don't think its fair to blast Moore because he made this documentary style movie with his opinions / views. I especially don't think its fair to blast him because you don't agree with his views.

Again, ALL I ask is for people to go out and see this movie and make up their own minds about things. Educate themselves. Inform themselves. Decide for themselves!
  6. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    I want to see it and yet I dont, I dunno im scared of being brainwashed.
  7. Offline

Ghost-Dog Guest

Message Count:
    not at all knocking anyone else's viewpoint, but from what i've seen of michael moore i've come to the conclusion that he's a right-wing anarchist with extreme amounts of arrogance. who in their right mind thinks they have all the answers to the questions? no body, and for him to try and manipulate a situation which IS PAST AND CAN'T BE FIXED with what he considers to be, "all the right answers" is completely absurd. i agree that america has made mistakes, obviously because no one person is perfect, but given the situations faced by the american people in the last 4-5 years i think all in all they've made the correct choices and did what they considered best. just me, bash if you like but that's how i feel on the topic.
  8. Offline

Left-Track Guest

Message Count:
    So what all you guys think of Bush ?
    I don't know mutch in politic but here in Canada, Bush is not very popular !
  9. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    i think as suggested in a different thread..we need a separate forum just for politicts
  10. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    there it is
  11. Offline

Scorpio7 Guest

Message Count:
    As A Newbie I couldn't Agree Moore!!!!!

:D
  12. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
  13. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Really does not matter if you see it or not, Bush is out Kerry is in :!: :!:
  14. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
  15. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    you kids don't understand politics when you have been in war you will understand the real side kerry and were he has gone through he has been shot 3 times. for this country well bush has been spoiled his whole life
  16. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Ha, he refers to us as kids, yet his punctuation and grammar is that of an 8 year old. This guy kills me.
  17. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    ok you know how to spell good you should receive a award but it will not make your car go faster. why waste my time your not even old enough vote.
  18. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Actually I'm 21 and an engineering major in school. Spelling WELL will get you a lot farther in life than lying about how awesome your car is.

So lemme get this straight, you're a rich banker (as if that makes any sense) yet you vote Democrat. Aren't you guys stereotypically Republican?

I'm just wondering what is it exactly that makes your car so damn fast? What modifications do you have done that make your car "special"?
  19. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    To see my wonderful mods, please go to the Radiator Cap--Is It Worth It? post. You willl see why I can smoke you all. just because I has money does not make a republican I started from nothing and tharts why I vote the way I do. Stay in school and maybe you will have a car like mine one day
  20. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    um.....I've set my sights a little higher than a modded corolla so don't count on it. My little sister has a car like you though.......imaginary.
  21. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    This is only my toy car I got many more cars this is just my hobbie. are you proud of your rust? if you don't tell anyone I have a metal cock I won't tell anyone you have rust in your mouth.
  22. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Are you suggesting I give you a blow job? So not only are you a high schooler, but you're a gay high schooler. Now i get why you're voting for Kerry, you're mad cuz Bush dislikes the gay marriage idea. The fact that you're bring your fake cock into this only proves that you're not an adult.
  23. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    ok past your bed time go to bed :lol:
  24. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    OH MAN..........You're too funny, past my bed time, that's great. You sure told me....... [IMG]
  25. Offline

[TRD]Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    this thread went off topic :roll:
  26. Offline

Left-Track Guest

Message Count:
    So what about Moore ?
  27. Offline

Scorpio7 Guest

Message Count:
    What about moore??

At least now that the party is over we see that he really does have moore cloth to wear.. :mrgreen: