1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Falken Azenis tires

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Unique102, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Offline

Unique102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Falken Azenis tires

Hello everyone, I am new here and just wanted to post a tire question.

I am currently running 205/45R16 tires on my car which have a diameter of about 23.3in. For the spring I am looking to get Falken Azenis tires but the problem is they only come in 205/40r16 which is the same width but almost an inch smaller in diameter at about 22.5in. I know this will throw off the speedo but will also be better because of less rotational mass but would anyone reccommend thes tires? I have a 2in drop. Are they too small for the wheel wells? please, any help would be lovely. Thanks.
  2. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    you really risk cracking a rim with tires that thin. if 205/45 fits then 205/40 will also fit.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    I understand they will fit because they are smaller in diameter I just want to know if its a good idea or if its recommended becasue I really like those tires. But from what your saying you would advise agains it. Thanks.
  4. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    the speedo will be wrong, up to you if you want to deal with that. I didn't think azenis were that great but who knows
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    alright, thanks. I'll consider before getting them but they seem like a decent AUTOx tire.
  6. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Well first of all for AutoX you would want the smaller tire size, because you would be able to get to higher RPMs quicker. And as far as the speedo thing goes, I don't think its that big of a deal, because my car came with 175/65/14 which are 22.9 in. But its all up to you. I actually have 195/60/15 which are "too big" but I like it because I do alot of highway and it gives me better gas mileage.