1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Factory Radio Manufacturer

Discussion in 'Interior' started by o_side_03corolla, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Offline

o_side_03corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Factory Radio Manufacturer

Wassup "Rolla" owners....can anyone tell me who manufactures the factory Radio Unit? I've heard Panasonic...Alpine. If anybody knows i'd appreciate your help. :wink:
  2. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    Panasonic.

It's made by Matsushita Communications - in other words - Panasonic.

[/img]
  3. Offline

o_side_03corolla Guest

Message Count:
    thanx alot...that's some good news
  4. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

o_side_03corolla Guest

Message Count:
    sorry im not doubting your knowledge but you're sure its panasonic for the 03...it's just about 60 bucks that are on the line.
  6. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    YHM

Check your email. I'm positive.
  7. Offline

o_side_03corolla Guest

Message Count:
    cool...thanx "Bubba"
  8. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    You could always search the internet...

For pictures of Toyota's Formula One car. You'll notice the largest decals on it are the Panasonic ones... Looks liek Toyota's given up on Fujitsu.
  9. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah even some of the car batteries are made by panasonic cuz like my dad's camry has a panasonic car battery
  10. Offline

corolla crooner Guest

Message Count:
    I've just upgraded the factory stereo to a MP3 capable Panasonic
    I can play MP3 CDs burned on my computer for up to 10 hours of non-stop music. Way cool. If the files are encoded at 192 kbps or more, the sound quality(for car applications) is just as good as CD.

While the stock CD player is very good, I noticed the Panasonic which puts out 45 watts peak per side gives much more "punch" and dynamics to the sound with little distortion. I am somewhat concerned about the factory speakers being able to handle the added power. I hope I am ok. I feel tempted to crank up the volume on certain tunes, clearly Toyota designed the speaker enclosures, specially on the front doors to give top notch performance. THe difference is night and day, compared to the old corollas of yore. My dad's 92 Corolla LE, has the front speakers under the dash, that sucks! :eek:

For a clean installation of the Panasonic MP3 player, which uses a standard DIN chassis. I used a customized ABS mounting kit I bought on eBay. It came with a compatible Toyota wiring harness so installation was a snap.

I took a look at the factory radio, and it was also made by Matsushita (Panasonic). Coincidence!

Regards,
    crooner
  11. Offline

weiln Guest

Message Count:
    You're probably right, but according to my dealership they're all Jensen. I thought that was a little weird though.

Nathan