1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Engine Swap

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by midniterains, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Offline

midniterains Guest

Message Count:
    yeah you can. you can swap another 1zzfe in there, meaning with high compression pistons.
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Oh god, not another one. Search please. This question has been asked many times before.
  3. Offline

MANTIS Guest

Message Count:
    you can swap in a 2zz without having to change motor mounts. i am begining mine this weekend.
  4. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Engine Swap

I have a 2001 Corolla with a 1ZZ-FE powerplant. Are there any other engines that are a direct Motor/Transmission/ECU swap that don't require changing out the motor mounts or welding shit. My friend just did an LS intega motor swap into his 1995 honda civic and he was done in 1 day with nothing more then a set of tools a new transmission/engine/ecu and some shifter linkage. I'm thinking if I can swap up to a better engine in this thing before boosting I would like too since I have some money free right now to play with.

Thanks...
  5. Offline

POBI Guest

Message Count:
  6. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    i've been wanting to use this pic..

[IMG]
  7. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    http://www.phoenixtuning.com/toyota/2005corolla.html

You know why he can't do a search? Because all the threads that have these questions are filled with answers like "Do a search", "Your thread is gay", "STFU N00b" etc...

If you don't believe me, try doing a search sometime.
  8. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    well maybe he can search noob...

even then, he might find like 10 engine swap/turbo topics
  9. Offline

Pantaloon007 Guest

Message Count:

That is so fucking great. Nothing gayer than Gary Coleman in a Knight Rider pic with Daddy Baywatch.
    I wish people would look into it. There are alot of therads that have the answer to that question, which is....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!.

And by the way you cant put on a 2zz head, you cant get turbo for less than 3G's unless you know someone, you cant swap in any motor pre '98 and you cant get anything w/ 6 cyliders in it. What else?

You cant put more than 10psi to stock internals and hope that it lasts longer than your payments, put more than 75shot NO2, or use a S?C on a pre '02
  10. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Actually you can do all of the things you said... just depends on how much money you have... never say never, just say "How much money you have?"
  11. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    I'll just wait until the 2zz-ge motor swap gets too common and i know for a fact that the 2zz motor can fit in 98-02 corolla with just a little modds.if honda and acura can,why not the toyota?.
  12. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    well first off, honda uses the same mounting points..all their motors are either D, B, H, or K series..and hasport makes a mounting bracket for every engine code available..all that is required to swap a rsx engine into a civic, a k series mounting bracket..500 dollars, 5000 for engine, boom, simple direct drop in..the thing is, nobody makes a mounting bracket for 2zz-ge's to go into our zze110's..THAT'S why it's not as easy..
  13. Offline

MANTIS Guest

Message Count:
    we'll see, my 2zz swap in my 98 begins tuesday. but the mounts look to be in the same spot as the 2zz......weird huh?
  14. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    what are you talking about...most if not all mounts on for the 2zz are the same...it think one is different. All that is required is they arent the same is you cut the 1zz mounts and reposition them in the rite place. I talked wit EL Prototypes about this swap. I was told that the mounts are the same its jus you will have to have a custom header made by them because the stock 2zz header wont fit and you will have to splice the 2zz ecu in to the 1zz. The 2zz ecu controls engine shit and the 1zz controls the rest or if your good enough you can pin out all the wires on the 2zz ecu and jus run the 2zz ecu to control all car functions. Other than that the swap isnt that hard. Its about as expensive/difficult as doing a k20 swap in to a ek civic or dc2 integra.
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Doing swap is all about experiment and taking notes,instead of always guessing and not trying.If toyota could put the 2zzge motor in the 05 corollaXRS,why not the 98-02 corolla,the engine bay is the same and i think you could put a scion tc motor with some modification or do some frankenstien swap.
  16. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    YES! I've been waiting for that one to rear its head... lol
  17. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    On a more serious note - swapping anything other than a 2ZZ into a Corolla would be almost like running in the special olympics when you're not retarded, proving only that you are somehow...

haha im joking....

anyway... a 2zz would be the "logical" swap - however swapping anything in for the sole purpose of being "unique" is completely acceptable... why do people put 350's into 2nd Gen RX7 shells? why do people do rear wheel drive conversions?

hell people would wonder why I've done some of the things I did to my car... the question is... WHY NOT? :)

Go with what ya feel - however keep in mind if you go the road less traveled - your resources will be VERY VERY FEW!
  18. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    The current Toyota Caldina in japan offers a 1ZZ-FE, 1AZ-FSE, or 3S-GTE option. So in theory, the *newer 3S-GTE would have the same mounting points as the 1ZZ right?
  19. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    No...those are three different engines and they are probably offered in different models. Engine options arent as ez as swapping factory wing options. Same chassis...different mounts to support each motor.
  20. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    Exactly. Just like the 4th, 5th, and 6th Generation Celicas had variations of the A series (4AFE, 7AFE) and the S series (3SGTE, 5SFE), obviously the mounts are not the same, but the S series can be put into a car with the A series with some more work.
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    slvr2000fdvspec is a tard :) He don't know shit. He's just hater. Its funny how in almost every thread he starts hating and talking shit but then someone else actually has a logical answer to the question. Hmmm :) Quit hating slvr2000fdvspec.
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Oh yeah :) slvr2000fdvspec, I found the original unmodified picture of what you posted earlier. Don't be trying to put Gary's face on your body :)

[IMG]

Hahaha :)
  23. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, I just finished it.

http://www.phoenixtuning.com/

and

http://www.northeasterntuners.com/

Links are right on the front pages.
  24. Offline

z2896 Guest

Message Count:
    Anyone here done this swap yet? If someone made made the new motor mounts and sold them as a kit they would be rich. It does suck that Toyota changed the motor mount locations.
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    Nice job doing the 2zz swap,i think you should write a book on doing a 2zz swap on the 98-02 corolla.
  26. Offline

z2896 Guest

Message Count:
    yeah, I bet you would sell alot. Have you ever thought about making a kit? I'm in Cali so it would cost too much to send my wife's car there.
  27. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for the props. I thought about a kit, but the thing is, the requirements are different depending on if you get the 2ZZ from a Celica, Corolla, or Matrix. Plus there's so much to it... it really needs to be at a shop for everything to be done. But you never know...
  28. Offline

z2896 Guest

Message Count:
    I guess once it becomes more common the price will go down. I could do the swap myself but not the computer work, so I would deffinately take it to a shop. Thanks for the info and pics.
  29. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    I could do the harness for you. :)
  30. Offline

AE1RSM Guest

Message Count:
    Not trying to flame here(or jack the thread) but you need to do more research before qouting how much swaps are for honda's. It is not just a simple drop in and it cost quite a bit more than what you have listed.