1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine el prototypes still exists?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RacingSolution, May 28, 2004.

1. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Nah ELP is cool.. I had my intake installed by them back in the day... the owner of the shop showed me around and talked to me about his hobby projects.... Cool guys..

They are a bit angry at Corolla owners because they made stuff and then body bought any of it...

Off topic.. I have a EL Prototypes CAI for 98-00 w/o a filter I'm trying to get rid of if anyones interested.
  2. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    lol, here i am trying to get one, while your trying to get RID of one! maybe i should think about this a little more-and how much was the CAI?
  3. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I might be more inclined to buy their products if they ever finished the website :confused:
  4. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    well if they actually charged a decent price for an intake, then I would have bought one from them already. Plus the fact that I know absolutely nothing about them and their site has been down for over a year doesn't help things either.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    haha.. I totally agree! Its been like that since 1999 at least!
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Well I'm getting rid of mine because I have a turbo now.. can't use it The CAI was $250 when I bought it in 2000
  7. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    I was quoted $180 for a new one back in April. I guess prices have come down a little bit but not enough.
  8. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    el prototypes still exists?

ive been trying to call them for the last week and a half-everytime i call, there's a messege machine saying "either all our phone lines are busy (which i doubt) or that you called during wrong business hours-which is not the case either-does anyone know what's goin on w/ the company?
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    mm.. They are still around.. I spoke to one of them online recently... I think ELProto@aol.com
  10. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    ive tried emailing awhile ago-they didnt respond to my many emails...maybe someone here can answer my question-im looking for a 93-97 CAI that they specifically make-and how much does it cost?
  11. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    I emailed them about two months back asking about the CAI for 98-02, and they responded after a day or so. Didn't end up buying anything though since it was still too expensive plus they didn't have anything in stock.
  12. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    i wouldnt trust that company...

a lot of the guys on vvti.net know more then them...

u can buy cold air intake and stuff... but i wouldnt bring my car over there to get it worked on.
  13. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    That site has never worked for me. I have tried a couple of times to get on but no real luck. Only like a greeting page.
  14. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    EL should atleast put up a price list on their site. I can't really write php shopping for em, but I'd be willing to write a simple site with html and pics. Anything would help!

Their site doesn't work for me at all now? http://www.elprototypes.com
  15. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
  16. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    it worked when i got my rolla which was in 02.

i jus went to the shop last week to have my engine checked out and they kno what they are talkin about. I would trust that company....if u dont your trippin. El P is known in the SCion, MR-2 and Supra Communities.

Claude (one of the workers) will even stop his work and chill and talk to u bout cars n shit. They are real koo. If i ever get a 2zz swap im goin to them. They kno wat they are doin wen it comes to toyotas.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    I think Claude installed my intake back in the day.
  18. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    racing solution, how much for intake?
  19. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    I consider ELP to be very trust worthy, I bought my CAI for my 99 (and had them install it) and also bought my bored throttle body from them. Their website was up last year, but towards the later part of the year some1 hacked their site and then their system crashed I think, but they r very cool over there, Eric (the owner) I've talked 2 several timez on the phone and in person.
  20. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    Sounds like the story of the Corolla Aftermarket.
  21. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    come on guys, they aint THAT bad-besides-its just a freakin tube w/a filter on the end-never thought it would be so hard to find one...
  22. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    disagree.

just make a CAI with your stock airbox, it will be much better than any short ram intake on the market and obx's "cai." do obx products actually exist yet?
  23. Offline

DDEVIL Guest

Message Count:
    since the site is down does anyone have the phone# for them or a used cold air intake for an 02 for sale
  24. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    their # is (626)812-4358
  25. Offline

SBM 007 Guest

Message Count:
    Regarding E.L. Prototypes beware!!! I ordered a customized motor from them in April of 2002. I paid the required 50% down payment. Could not deliver the motor (it was already August 2002) and then tried to get me to buy some other motor, more money and more of a down payment required. Well I didn't get the motor and requested a refund. They agreed to a refund but they didn't refund my money until almost July of 2003. He paid me in installments, I am glad I was able to get my money but this put a serious crimp in my car budget since I really didn't want to invest any more money in my car until i got my 2 G's back. As A result I had to have my car sit out most of 2003. Put my project behind one whole year. Just a little bit of info for those who want to deal with E.L. Prototypes. A word to the wise. Here is what my car looks like now SBM OO7
  26. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    they paid you in installments?? what kind of BS is that? Glad you got your money back though.
  27. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    uuugh...all i want is a CAI!!!! im think im gonna seriously try the "other" option-OBX....
  28. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
  29. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    obx = somewhat better than nothing.
  30. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    nah, i already have done my pvc design--its ok, but im afraid of, lets say, hydrocholric acid (i think..)...but none the less-a real aluminum pipe would be nice...