1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine ebay intake,help quick!

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by StickyHydro318, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Offline

StickyHydro318 Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    there is another post somewhere about cai and bypass valve, called aem bypass valve i think, read that about rain. And if it was me id get that.
  3. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    i dont see a hose for the vsv.
  4. Offline

DBurcombe Guest

Message Count:
    That looks like my AEM CAI. I would get it if I were you.
    I would't worry too much about getting the bypass valve (unless you like driving in lakes).
    Rain or getting water on the filter while washing your car won't do any damage to anything.
    I'm in Cali and I'm assuming the weather in FL is about the same (plus some humidity).
    Contact the seller and make sure that there's a tube halfway up the pipe on the back side
    that's not visible in the pic. enjoy!
  5. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    dont worry about the bypass valve...... i live in cleveland ohio and i had my CAI on thru the winter with all the salt and slush and snow and i had no problems....... the snow was actually deep enough that my car got stuck and could have been easily sucked into the air filter but it wasnt and my car runs fine
  6. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Well it would be hard to suck up snow, but ya if u were alright i should be ok down here in Canton. Nevertheless, I think im going with an SRI myself.
  7. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    i live about 30 mins away from you and i have a TRD CAI and have had no problems.......hell one day me n my roomate (who just so happens to live in Canton) went driving through a 6" deep puddle in a parking lot just to watch the water splash all over the other cars.
  8. Offline

JohnnyRolla Guest

Message Count:
    let me tell you, it was a definite good time. infact we went back for seconds, then thirds. if your CAI isnt actually submerged in water, you dont have much to worry about.

p.s. - north canton hoover vikings kick your ass biatch
  9. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Um no, north canton hoover vikings dont kick ass, cchs does bitch haha. just messing man.
  10. Offline

JohnnyRolla Guest

Message Count:
    catholic central high school? thats the only one i can think of from canton to be cchs, lol
  11. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Yep Yep thats it. You do any sports there? And then about the CAI, if you get it give me a review man id like to hear how it is.