1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

dynamatting 8th gen

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Vibe, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    dynamatting 8th gen

I want to dynamat the floor and I wanted to take off the carpet.

I started with the rear and so I took off the back seat which was one big piece.

i dynamatted the area below the seat that i just removed, adding another layer on top of the factory dampening material there.

now that i'm done, i wanted to dynamat the floor where i couldnt even see any dampening material at all. I took off the plastic trim that was meant to be stepped on, by the door. I couldn't remove this white plastic that is used to latch the aforementioned plastic trim i am talking about. it is holding down the carpet. I used a lot of force to try to remove it but i'm afraid if i use too much i might break it.

does anyone know how to remove this? i really want to dynamat the floor
  2. Offline

CountryBoyCanDo Guest

Message Count:
    If you mean the white botton lookin things then they attach to the foot plate so if u slide the plateback in place so they are connected then it should pop off. If you mean the square peice that holds the wires then those do just pop off
  3. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    its a square piece that the foot plate hooks on top of and its holding down the carpet at the same time. im gonna try to pop it off once i get my panel remover.