1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

dupli color undercoat sound deadener dynamat

Discussion in 'Interior' started by sean2sean, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    dupli color undercoat sound deadener dynamat

thought i share my experience with this product.

on my previous car (02 corolla), i bought a two wholesale rolls of dynamat... about 150-200 lbs worth. did the whole interior. it worked very well, but just added too much weight.

so on my new s2k, i orginally didnt want to add extra weight to this car, but after installing a 10 inch sub, amp, speakers.... i just cannot stand the rattles. i spoke with a few car shops, and they recommended professional grade undercoat spray.

i bought a few cans from my local autozone, it was on sale at 2 for 10 bucks.

works extremely well. at least 70% of the rattles are gone. and i have less road noise.

i would say for the price and weight savings... its works about 75% of dynamat.

i would highly recommend it.

try doing some searches on yahoo... undercoat spray and audio. you'll get some hits with reviews.

i was going to try the expanding foam from home depot. but that only works well for the trunk area.

for 5 bucks each... at 17oz a can... you cant go wrong...
  2. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    coool..thanks for the info.
  3. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Where do you spray this stuff? It is not that tar stuff from autozone you spray on the underbody right?
  4. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    Will it work under the hood?

Is it flammable?
  5. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    i did a seach on yahoo. and ppl spray it on the exhaust... and yes its the rubber/tar like substance for underbody. but dont get the cheap ones. they take forever to dry. get the professional one... that dries and harden in 10 min. either 3m or dupi color is good.

honestly i dont see the point to spray it under the hood. you already have a fiberglass insulator.

check out this guy....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/809876/2
  6. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Interesting...
  7. Offline

Javidawg19 New Member

Message Count:
    might get that for mine, i have the same sub like the guy on the link except mine is an L5
  8. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I usually hate to resurrect a 3 year old thread, but I really want to decrease the road noise in my 8th gen. Ever since I put 17's on the road noise has been unbearable. The wind noise is pretty bad too. I think that I could benefit from insulating the doors and the roof (behind the headliner). If this actually works, the cost efficiency would be good, and it doesn't add too much weight. Any opinions?
  9. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    Get tires that don't make so much noise? My Nitto Neogens are pretty quiet.
  10. Offline

EliteRolla Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    93 Rolla, 96 4Runner
    it does work under the hood as a good heat insulator i have it for my car as well as inside the trunk... but mine is not the spray can stuff its the real rubber bed liner.. but we use the spray can stuff at the shop and it does work