1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

DRL Switch Disable

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by SilverCorollaS03, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Offline

SilverCorollaS03 Guest

Message Count:
    DRL Switch Disable

Has anyone done the DRL disable switch on corollatoys? I tried doing it today and I couldn't find the wire that matched the one in the DIY. The pictures aren't very clear and I think some steps were skipped. Can anyone help me? Thank you
  2. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    you cut the red/white wire (mostly red w/ white stripe). then in the switch, you might have two or three prongs. connect a long wire to one end and another long wire to another (enough wire to reach weherever ure gonna put the switch). then attach those to the red/white ends of the wire. then if u have a three prong one, juss make another wire and groudn it. i connected the groudn to the mount of the DRL relay.

here's another site:
    http://dalenet.com/matrixvibe/
  3. Offline

SilverCorollaS03 Guest

Message Count:
    Hey THANKS for the reply! It really helped, I haven't tried it yet but I will and let you know. The website helped a lot too. Is this Randy from NCFour?
  4. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    can just cut the red/white wire and be done w/ it? I'd like to have DRLs disabled for good. I want to save the lifetime of my HIDs
  5. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    the disable drl for good is the yellow wire grounding.

yup its me randy from ncfour
  6. Offline

SilverCorollaS03 Guest

Message Count:
    Hey wsup I'm kinda confused...is the DRL switch wire I'm supposed to cut the red/white one or the yellow one? Thanks guys. Also, when you permanently ground it without making a switch, doesn't the e-brake warning light stay on permanently? Also, the pictures on the website aren't loading for me. Anyone have this problem too? :wink:
  7. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    should we have a DIY meet sometime later for how to disable the DRL :D
  8. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    tehy yellow wire is the one u groudn if u wanna permanently disable it. i think its in vvt-i.net's DIY. otherwise, its the red/white wire for the switch method
  9. Offline

altramagnus Guest

Message Count:
    All you have to do is cut the red/white wire and be done. You do not have to ground it nor do you have to touch the yellow wire.

Of course this is to perm dis them.

Mine has been done this way for 5 months now and no problems :)
  10. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    someone posted that cutting the red/white wire didnt work for him. so u can try that. maybe he juss cut the wrong wire
  11. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    check my website www.moonshadowmadness.com for a DRL Disable DIY with detailed pictures. just go to the DIY/Links Page. I did the DIY Last summer and am running HID's with the switch. its totally reversible and is proven to work.
  12. Offline

imported_FredMaster Guest

Message Count:
    Nice DIY site...I was reading the AEM CAI install and i think there is something wrong with your red arrows...they seem to point in odd directions :shock:
  13. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    yeah it works on 1024x768 res but if ur on anything different they point in the wrong place.