1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Double-Din decks

Discussion in 'Interior' started by toguy6, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Offline

toguy6 Guest

Message Count:
    Double-Din decks

Hello everyone...new to the forum, just bought an '03 Corolla S and looking to replace the stock deck with an MP3-capable one. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on which one to buy. I was looking at the Pioneer FH-P5000MP. It has a tape deck, which I will never use, but would there be an advantage to buying a double-din unit like this (in terms of how it fits and looks in the dash)? I might replace the speakers sometime down the road, but the real concern right now is the HU. I would greatly appreciate any advice...
  2. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    double-din units tend to have larger controls and display areas which can make use easier; but with a good fascia kit a single-din unit will fit nicely as well
  3. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    Re: Double-Din decks

there's a tutorial in the DIY
    I highly recommend any Alpine Head Unit :D
  4. Offline

SS On Your Six Guest

Message Count:
    9 out of 10 times the double din decks will have about 25% of the features of a single din unit... but still cost 3 times more! Save the money and get a nice deck like the Pioneer Premier 760MP, or 860MP... or even the pioneer model 7600mp or 8600mp if you dont plan on expanding the system with amps and such...
  5. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    Question: The size of the stock deck is officially double-din? I've only had cars with a single din or din-and-a-half. And the stock deck on the 03 Corolla looks pretty darn close to the old din-and-a-halff I used to have in my other car. Can I get confirmation that we are indeed a double-din unit?
  6. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    it looks like a din and a half to me..the double din mod makes the bottom deck stick down and not look real clean