1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Door Insert DIY

Discussion in 'Interior' started by moonshadow, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
  2. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    How did he get the cloth into them?

With like a screw driver or something? Cause I dont see how you just use ur hands :) heeh
  3. Offline

NsK Guest

Message Count:
    what's the fabric you use.........how much?
  4. Offline

MikeyRolla Guest

Message Count:
    Nice job Looks good. I dont think I wil do mine cause I like my interiror
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    thanx guys, the cost was 3 bux, i used red cotton and nylon mix, cuz its more fade resistent but i recomend satin (stuff wont stick to it) as for putting it on, i used a credit card like card. i believe the DIY explains all of it. if u have more questions, holla my way and i'll hit u up with the answers

BTW Stinky or othe mods, can u put it in the DIY section. it will stay on my account as a permanent thing but if u dont mind i will be greatful

Achint
  6. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks 2003C-RollaCE! I'm probably gonna go get some fabric and try it tonight. I've been meaning to do it for a long time, and just haven't had the patience. I'm feeling it in me tonight though. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    sorry i just realised, my DIY doesnt mention how much cloth to use, i used 1.5 yards. i would have had a little extra, but i messed up one of the doors so make sure u get enough
  8. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, so 1.5 yards, and I'll be good to go...for all four doors? I didn't even think to ask, so thanks for telling me. :)
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    np bro, glad i could help ya. what color u going for

to all others who will do this

i have updated the DIY to include a few more key points and i highly recomend trying to wee where the card flows to before u start inserting the cloth. this will also give u an idea of where all the clips holdin that part to the door are and be patient with it

Achint
  10. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Ha ha...bro! Good stuff! I'm a chick though, but you can call me bro if you want, I don't care 8). I'm going to get blue that matches my neons, seats, headunit, and steering wheel cover. I already had some fabric that I bought a while back in the exact color I wanted, but my grandmother got a hold of it...so I have none left. I'm going to go get some soon, and hopefully do the DIY tonight. We shall see!
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    lol, my bad, i messed up. i didnt know. most chix have names that prettymuch give it away but urs is what my friends called my car when i first got it. lol sorry, no bro for u, i would have remembered if u would have posted up pic up in the thread Zero started
  12. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    loooks good, nice DIY...
  13. Offline

stylin Guest

Message Count:
    nice job man, looks really good.
  14. Offline

SF_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Good job!!! tried it myself with some silver satin and it turned out pretty cool. just did the driver side and the one behind it for now. let me tell all of you that it does take a lot of patience coz i tried to rush with the other door and it came out ugly and i totally wasted the fabric. really easy DIY w/ excellent results 8)
  15. Offline

lil_krolla_s Guest

Message Count:
    hey sf_rolla...can you post a pic of your door inserts cause i'm thinkin about doin it, but i wanna see how it looks on yours. i got a silver 03 rolla S. thanx...
  16. Offline

SF_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    sure im gonna take some pix with my digi cam this week but i dont know how to post pics. If someone could help me out that would be cool... 8)
  17. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Do you mean help as in how to post them, or how to work the camera with your computer, or what? I'm sure I can help you.
  18. Offline

SF_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    i was hoping i could email the pics to someone and have them post the pics coz i know i can host the pics if use that imagestation thing or cardomain but im too lazy to sign up :roll:
  19. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    lol...if no one else will host them for you...i will 8)
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    i have offered several times. that is why i host Tatto Boyz Girls' pics. email them to me, i'll do em
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Aint that the truth. i told you cuz my very first door i messed up and left a ton or wrinkels in it so i figured i'll tell you guys b4 hand
  22. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    umm through all this simplicity, i think we overlooked one thing. satin stains easily with water and worse with any other liquid. seeing as how it rains/snows in almost all the us and canada, its gonna be a pain to keep it clean. i bought this nylon stuff that had the same feel and looked the same. soo big caution, cause to clean it you would have to dryclean it which means taking it all out and re-doing it. lemme know if i am very wrong, but my parents told me(we own a drycleaners)
  23. Offline

NsK Guest

Message Count:
    intel61...........what's did you use exactly.........the name of the fabric plz
  24. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    well i didnt "use" it yet, i just bought it. i'll get the name up later, i think its plain nylon, but will update you
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    what he is talking about is sometimes mentioned as being synthetic cloth. it is a 70% nylon and 30 cotton mix. it looks similar to Satin but its not the same. i just recomended Satin, cuz the finished product looks much more luxorious. and also, it wont attract dust of lint cuz of its slippery texture
  26. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    alright, got my drivers side door done, it looks good. it took me 15 min only to do that one door. but u just gotta make sure u get it nice and tight so it looks good. i'll have some pics up after i do the whole car
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    sweet, cant wait to see pix
  28. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    alright got two doors done, the passenger front door was a b*tch, it took forever to get the cloth in the middle top part, and it still didnt go in all the way, thus the imperfection. it looks purple, but the cloth is dark navy. until i find a color to match my interior paints, i'll leave this on. as usual, it looks better in person, so for those who think it looks fruity, too bad.

Drivers side
    [IMG]

Passenger side
    [IMG]
  29. Offline

Hyper81 Guest

Message Count:
    hey guys finally got it in (fabric matches the car... not an easy feat). and also ran outta fabric so i used the biggest scrap ithat was left over so i improvised

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  30. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Nice work u guys 8)