1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Does anyone have the MWR big bore kit w/turbo?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by CadetLee, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Does anyone have the MWR big bore kit w/turbo?

Just wondering..

Also, what should be safe with the kit, head studs and Crower rods -- 15psi? 18?
  2. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    it would be cheaper to just have it all custom done...thats what vortex and i r doing starting in January...the motor should handle that psi easily after the internals, its the other parts outside the engine that r questionable....tranny, axles, etc...
  3. Offline

COROLLA1ZZ New Member

Message Count:
    I just had my engine rebuilt with the mwr big bore kit crowler rods head studs and new valve springs I had bought from monkeywrench was almost 2100 for just those parts. I had to have them put the sleaves in which cost me 650 to get it done and shipped to alabama.But I am still waitting for the rest of my turbo kit to come in. 15 should be fine
  4. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Where do you find custom pistons? I can get my engine bored and sleeved locally..no idea what to do about pistons, though.

Is it possible to get pistons/rods/sleeves for under $1500? MWR is $849 + $750, IIRC..
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    heh - damn ... 2100 for just the parts???? *shudder*

Im not gonna go into what it will cost for ours complete, lol - not quite yet...

Josh, if you're interested in getting in on this - let me or Justin know... Hell the more I can get onboard the cheaper I can get the assembly done (and possibly parts)
  6. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Travis -- hit me up on AIM (cdtlee2000)
  7. Offline

COROLLA1ZZ New Member

Message Count:
  8. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Shit good thing I haven't bought any of my internals yet lol :D
  9. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    I decided not to do mine this year....I'll have the money in Feb.....and I was gonna do it and send the boost through the roof...but I dedided to do other stuff to the car this year....It's quick enough for now.....I'll rebuild the engine next year. Untill then I want to get some body and interior work done. Besides, I thought about it......... I'd like to works the shit out of these internals a little before I replace them, rather thatn just throw out brand new parts like I've been doing....lol
  10. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    insane... we're lookin at half that for everything... lol